At the epicentre of the heart of London's hip young scene in Shoreditch, Trapeze is as quirky as a dwarf riding a unicorn. Step off from the busy streets and into their treasure trove of faded circus glamour- you'll sit beneath hanging trapeze bars in carousel booths admiring the clown costume and giant…
Girl Power Silent Disco
After a sold-out success with a feature on Heart Radio in 2018, Girl Power Silent Disco is back. We're creating an empowering, fun and comfortable experience for women to come together and dance their asses off on Women's day. Join us to celebrate Women's Day the Uplifting Way.The first half hour of the event will feature a Time-Machine Girl Power warm up where you will learn to dance like Madonna, Beyonce and the Spice Girls. You'll then have a full hour to let loose and unlock your inner disco diva. There are two channels to choose from, loaded with tunes from your favourite Girl Power icons. The 70s and 80s are on one channel, featuring Cindy Lauper, Diana Ross, The Pointer Sisters, Gloria Gaynor and many more. The 90s and Noughties on the other channel, featuring J-Lo, the Spice Girls, Missy Elliot, Destiny's Child and the rest of the lot.
This is a special edition of our regular Uplifting Silent Disco events, for people who love to dance, but don't love the weekend nightclub chaos that usually goes with it. We've taken the best of a night out dancing, removed the worst, and created the ultimate dance experience.
- We'll be in a real club, with a real dance floor and real disco lights.
- Unlike crowded clubs, you'll have plenty of room to move. The event is capped at 35 people because we want to recreate the atmosphere of a house party to maximise your comfort.
- There will be no inebriated/intoxicated people getting in the way.
- You'll have two music channels with uplifting, fun playlists that make you remember the good times and create even better ones (70s 80s on one channel, 90s 00s on the other, genres include disco/funk n soul/blues/indie rock)
- You'll be in a comfortable and non-judgemental environment where anyone and everyone is welcome.
- You can easily slip this in your schedule without making a big night out of it and are very welcome to come by yourself.
- If you're feeling nervous about sober silent disco dancing with strangers on a weeknight, fear not. There's a playful warm-up with icebreakers and easy-to-learn dance moves, run by a friendly facilitator.
With the physical benefits of a workout and the feel-good benefits of a night out, you will leave this experience in a contagiously good mood.
Tickets include a £5 drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic options available) that you can enjoy during the event, or upstairs in the circus themed bar after the silent disco.
Who is it for?
This is a women only event, sorry lads! You can join our regular events for a mixed-gender boogie.
All levels welcome, no previous dance experience required. The dance moves will be easy to pick up, and the focus is on celebrating Girl Power and feeling good. As long as you smile, you can't go wrong. Whether you are a professional dancer or you have three left feet, you’ll always be welcome at our events.
We recommend wearing comfortable clothes that you don't mind sweating in. Optional Girl Power theme: dress us as your favourite female artist. You might also want to bring water, a towel and a change of clothes.
Some extracts from our Facebook reviews
I left with a smile on my face and a fuzzy feeling inside - Haley
NIW sessions are not only fun and liberating but also a great ways to stay fit! Plus, Claudia really has a great talent for people and for bringing smiles! Very recommended! - Cinzia
- Comfortable and hassle-free environment to dance in
- 30 minute warm up with Girl Power dance moves
Includes £5 drink
Includes £5 drink No booking fee
Includes £5 drink. Limited availability.
Trapeze 89 Great Eastern Street EC2A 3HX
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.