Battle of Britain at Night
- Royal Air Force Museum
- No reviews.
It's not often that you get the chance to dance among our aircraft at the RAF Museum. So join us for an evening of swing music, dancing, cocktails, open cockpits and general hoopla!
Londoners looked to the skies during the summer of 1940 and witnessed the Battle for Britain fought above their homes, but their spirits weren't beaten by falling bombs. They kept calm and carried on! Come journey back to 1940 and party the evening away listening to the sounds of a remarkable generation.
The Tricity Vogue All Girl Swing Band will be filling the dancefloor with much loved, and wonderfully quirky, vintage tunes from the 30s and 40s. You might even hear a few of Tricity’s irresistibly catchy original tunes, and several modern pop favourites mischievously retroed up to sound like they come straight from the olden days! This all-female group takes their inspiration from Ivy Benson, whose Swing Band became the BBC Resident Dance Band in 1943 and the first band to play in the liberated Berlin after World War Two. Swing Patrol will be in residence for the evening to get your feet tapping. Join them in one of our swing classes and learn a few moves to take back onto the dancefloor. There will also be chance to see the professionals in action! You can enjoy the music and dancing with a vintage beverage in hand or perhaps treat yourself to a cocktail!
The story of the Battle of Britain wouldn't be complete without the aircraft and the tales of those who flew them. Get up close to aircraft like the Spitfire and Hurricane peer inside and hear all about the Few who flew them over London in 1940. Our archive and library curators will also be giving you the chance to see some amazing Battle of Britain objects.
Last but not least, we would love to see you dressed in the classic garb of the era, whether that’s in uniform or not. So get those frocks, brogues and side partings ready to party at the RAF Museum!
BoB at Night
|18:30 - 21:30||£14.00|
Grahame Park Way NW95LL
Grahame Park Way NW95LL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, you will receive a notification from us and details of how to apply for a refund. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The RAF Museum operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The RAF Museum, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Thanks for your review. You've earned 10 points! Check your balance here.