Women In Jazz Media X London Gay Big Band
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
100% OF ALL PROFIT FOR WOMEN IN JAZZ MEDIA FOR THIS EVENT GOES TO THE MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION*
The London Gay Big Band
'Love the sound of the Band' - Simon Cowell
The London Gay Big Band, founded in the summer of 2011, is a sensational (usually) twenty piece jazz orchestra made up of predominantly - but not exclusively - LGBT musicians and vocalists, bringing a fresh and fabulous vibe to the London music scene. Expect an amazing show with a smaller outfit that are bound to still deliver, that Big Band sound!
Recently releasing their second album, FREEDOM. Their debut album BRAVE recorded at Abbey Road Studios with some of Britain's finest vocalists from Jazz and West End, including Ian Shaw, Clare Teal, Claire Martin and Emma Hatton.
Ifelayo is a London based DJ/ Drummer. She started playing drums at the age of nine and within the last four years she has cultivated and evolved her musical skills to become a DJ. Raised in a Black British African household, Ifelayo has also been influenced by African artists such as: Fela Kuti, Manu Dibango and Hugh Masekela.
Ifelayo also merges both traditional western jazz and West African music to create a unique fusion of mixes and grooves.
Former London Gay Big Band, musical director,
Charlotte Keeffe brings their unique approach and passion for jazz, experimental and freely improvised music to the WIJM presenting stage. Her quartet features Ashley John Long on double bass, Ben Handysides on drums and Moss Freed on guitar.
*Since 1949, the Mental Health Foundation has been the UK’s leading charity for everyone’s mental health. With prevention at the heart of what they do, the MHF aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive. They take a public mental health approach to prevention, finding solutions for individuals, those at risk and for society, in order to improve everyone’s mental wellbeing.
Doors: 7pm / Show: 8 - 10pm
|20:00 - 22:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.