Winnie Ama - Music Fridays @ Fervor Festival
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
The Belfast born and raised Northern-Irish-Ghanaian artist has had success with multiple MusicWeek UK Club Chart top 10's and support from, RTE2FM, FM104, BBC Radio Ulster with BBC Introducing referencing her fresh writing style and distinctive voice.
Winnie Ama's writing style is inspired by Ella Fitzgerald, Stevie Wonder, Nina Simone and Amy Winehouse. She switched from writing poetry and stories to writing music. Then she studied jazz vocals before making her commercial music debut in 2019 writing 3 songs in collaboration with Francis Groove that made the top 10 in MusicWeek's UK Urban/Black Club Chart - Can't Wait #1, I Swear #7 and Born to Win #6. She also appeared in Photo Vogue in 2019. Her solo debut 'What Are We' was in MusicWeek's Black Club Chart for 6 weeks, peaking at number 11.
Dublin born, AIS is a rising star with a great sound, making her London debut earlier in May, we’re delighted to have her back in the Big Smoke and bringing the fire on stage in support of Winnie with hit tracks ‘Shine On’ and dance anthem, ‘Glitter Gold.
''She gives off the impression of an artist in gracious control.'' Belfast Telegraph
‘’Hypnotic alternative RnB, Northern Irish-Ghanaian artist Winnie Ama is just getting started but already seems like an accomplished musician.’’
Ones to watch 2022 number 31 - Belfast Live
As part of a new breed of electronic artists blending conscious lyrics, soulful alternative RnB vocals with dance, house and pop rhythms Winnie has a collection of forthcoming new singles in the pipeline. She also acts as lead data analyst for the Why Not Her? movement which campaigns for gender equality in the music industry and mentors other artists. In 2022 she has a series of singles followed by an EP, starting with electronic pop track ‘Here I Go’ produced with Sim0n Le Saint on 25 Feb 2022 and a pop house collaborative track with two New York Producers Genpop and Pommy - ‘Awe of You’ out soon.
Doors open an hour before the show
|20:30 - 22:30||£15.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.