WIJM & EFG London Jazz Fest present Women That Inspire: Laura Impallomeni
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
The inspirational Laura Impallomeni brings the trombone to the fore, with an exciting evening of exhilarating music that will leave you wanting more.
Laura plays in a plethora of diverse projects, from swing to jive, reggae, afro beat and Latin music, as well as various experimental music projects. She recently took part in the ‘Sophisticated Giants’ event celebrating the work of Melba Liston and has been named ‘one to watch’ by award winning legend, Maxine Gordon.
Laura Impallomeni studied Jazz Trombone at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance during which she regularly performed in venues such as Ronnie Scott’s with Mark Lockheart’s Contemporary Big Band, and various other smaller jazz ensembles. Laura plays in a plethora of other musical projects and genres including ‘Barnacles’, an experimental jazz quintet, and Latin Jazz ensemble 'The Voodoo Love Orchestra'. She has also toured with the renowned ‘Giffords Circus’ and runs an 11-piece afro-jazz band ‘Yamäya’ that recently reached the final 8 bands (out of 5600 entries) in the Glastonbury emerging talent competition. Laura is certainly one to watch and she has just received the Arts Council England ‘Develop Your Creative Practice’ grant to explore her own contemporary jazz compositions and to continue studying under various renowned UK trombonists and composers.
Please arrive promptly
|20:30 - 23:00||£25.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.