WIJM & EFG London Jazz Fest present Women That Inspire: Ladies That Do So Much More Than Lunch
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
We cordially invite All Jazz Women to come link, chat, and collaborate, for a networking event over brunch.
(Food + Drink sold separately)
Join us at Toulouse Lautrec for a beautiful opportunity to connect during the EFG London Jazz Festival, with Women In Jazz Media* and guest speaker jazz singer/bandleader/writer Big Mama, Aydenne Simone.
Chaired by Women In Jazz Media founder, Fiona Ross.
Mingle over a Toulouse Brunch with delicious options like their mouth-watering :
French Toast; Eggs Royale; Shakshouka; and more!
So seize the day and be welcomed into a blossoming community - book your seat at our table now.
You'll have a chance to meet some of the core members of the Women In Jazz Media team, the venue co-ordinators and who knows, perhaps even meet your next collaborator.
Expect inspirational chat from 'London's Queen of Swing' Big Mama so called after a song she wrote ‘off the top of her head’ called ‘Mama told me’, which she performed at a wedding in Jersey C.I.) with her function band, ‘Jazz Culture’. Aydenne’s nickname ‘Big Mama’ is not so strange, in African or Black culture ‘Mama’, ‘mummy’ or ‘Auntie’ as a mark of respect for women of a certain age. A matriarch or senior member of a community or family, so, Aydenne being known as 'Big Mama' or just 'Mama’ is a nickname Aydenne simply loves!
*Women in Jazz Media is an award-winning organisation, dedicated to wake up and shake up the jazz industry. Spreading the ethos that there are talented, creative women/NB’s in all fields of our great community and it's time to recognise and ignite balance. With an international team, from Seoul to Athens - we create podcasts, magazines, book clubs, directories, events, and many many strides. Founded by Fiona Ross in 2019, follow us, join us and create the change you want to see. @womeninjazzmedia
Women In Jazz Media is a non-profit organisation and the ticket price covers the cost of our guest speaker. FOOD AND DRINK NOT INCLUDED.
|11:00 - 13:00||£5.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
More from Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.