Trinity Buoy Wharf Live!: Grand Union Orchestra All Stars
- Trinity Buoy Wharf
The creators of Trinity Buoy Wharf, popular arts neighbourhood in East London, are launching their new events series this May, Trinity Buoy Wharf Live!, featuring Jazz Wednesdays: six jazz nights on the River Thames.
To launch Jazz Wednesdays, Trinity Buoy Wharf Live! kicks off with East London’s genre-defying Grand Union Orchestra.
The hallmarks of great jazz are the same today as a century ago, when it emerged from America’s Deep South in New Orleans. Uniting musicians of all races, styles and instruments, jazz remains most spontaneous and original of musical styles, enjoyed by millions around the world. Likewise, Grand Union Orchestra, from its base in the heart of East London, thrills audiences with the virtuoso talents of professional first-generation migrant musicians, creating a truly pioneering world jazz sound.
For Trinity Buoy Wharf Live! launch event, Grand Union Orchestra is assembling an all-star band from its core roster of improvising musicians under the direction of composer/arranger Tony Haynes (piano, trombone) including: Shanti Jayasinha (trumpet, flugelhorn), Louise Elliott (flute, tenor saxophone), Zhu Xiao Meng (gu zheng – Chinese harp), Yousuf Ali Khan (tabla, dholak),Carlos Fuentes (Latin percussion), Gerry Hunt (guitar, violin, soprano sax), Andres Lafone (bass guitar) and Paul Clarvis (drums).
"These guys know that what brings people together is something shared.. the Grand Union Orchestra’s music makes you feel alive, makes you think and makes you long for a better world" On the Edge World Jazz Festival review
Drinks on the Thames
The event will feature two bars with wine and beer on sale, including riverside bar overlooking the only Lighthouse in London. Guests will be able to enjoy a glass of wine against the stunning backdrop of Canary Wharf, the O2 Arena and the river. The second, indoor venue bar will be open throughout each event.
6.00pm: Drinks on the Thames
6.40pm: Trinity Buoy Wharf's Electrician’s Shop Venue doors & bar open
7pm- 8pm Grand Union Orchestra
8.30pm-9.30pm Grand Union Orchestra
10.00pm Event ends
Entry to Trinity Buoy Wharf Live! Grand Union Orchestra event
|18:00 - 22:00||£12.50|
Trinity Buoy Wharf, 64, Orchard Place, London, E14 0JW
Canning Town (Tube)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Trinity Buoy Wharf
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.