Tony Kofi & the Organisation featuring Dennis Rollins
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Award-winning multi horn-playing and internationally recognized saxophonist Tony Kofi , teams up with the 'Organisation', featuring Liam Liam Dunachie Hammond organ, Pete Cater on drums and Simon Fernsby on guitar - featuring the incredible, Dennis Rollins on Trombone.
The band perform a hard-hitting selection of tunes in blues, jazz and funk idioms including tracks from their highly acclaimed 2018 album "Point Blank"(the Last Music Company). Since its release, they a have played numerous sold out shows at venues including the Vortex, Sheffield Jazz and Kings Place (for Jazz FM as part of the London Jazz Festival) .
"One of today's hottest and most innovative quartets" BBC music magazine album of the month
"A killer band with real bite" Mark Youl Jazzwise
The origins of The Organisation go back over a decade and grew from Simon Fernsby's memorable 'Manhattan Project' sessions which were a staple of jazz in South London throughout the 2000s. Drummer Pete Cater was an early recruit having been a jazz tutor on Fernsby's music college course. The band went through several incarnations and with the addition of organist Pete Whittaker honed its no-nonsense, hard-hitting style as the house rhythm section in multiple venues, festivals and residencies.
DENNIS ROLLINS (MBE)
Award-winning trombonist, Dennis Rollins is well-known on the British and international jazz scene and is celebrated for his versatility and muscular approach on that underrated instrument, the trombone. Born in 1964 in the Midlands to Jamaican parents, and raised in South Yorkshire, Dennis cut his teeth at the age of 14 studying and performing with The Doncaster Youth Jazz Association. After years of study, Dennis moved to London and began playing with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO), and the legendary all-black jazz big band The Jazz Warriors.
Over the years he has established a reputation as an artist of excellence, and has lent his unique and stylish talents to some of this country's, and indeed the world's, top jazz and pop personalities such as Courtney Pine, Baba Maal, Jamiroquai, US3, Brand New Heavies, and Blur. He is also a member of the legendary Maceo Parker's band. In 2018, as part of Her Majesty the Queen's Birthday Honours 2018, Dennis was honoured with an MBE for services to music.
Tony Kofi is a British Jazz multi-instrumentalist born of Ghanaian parents, a player of the Alto, Baritone, Soprano, Tenor saxophones and flute. Having ‘cut his teeth’ in the “Jazz Warriors” of the early 90’s, he has gone on to establish himself as a musician, teacher and composer of real authority. As well as performing and recording with Gary Crosby’s “Nu-Troop” and “Jazz Jamaica”, Tony’s playing has also been a feature of many bands, and the artists he has worked/recorded with include “US-3” The World Saxophone Quartet, Courtney Pine, Donald Byrd, Eddie Henderson, The David Murray Big Band, Sam Rivers Rivbe Big band, Andrew Hill Big Band, Abdullah Ibrahim, and Macy Gray.
Doors: 7.30 / Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
|20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.