Philippa Mo @ The Curtain - A Unique Immersive Live Classical Music Experience
- The Curtain
Philippa Mo @ The Curtain AUTUMN SEASON
Philippa Mo, violin with guest artist Olivia Jageurs, harp
Programme to include stunning works by JS Bach, Arvo Pärt, a UK Premiere by Paul Patterson and a work by Robert Peate both reflecting the English pastoral tradition .and Jim Aitchison's wild and virtuosic Fugue Refractions for solo violin.
The Curtain in Shoreditch continues to host its first ever classical series.
Following on from her success at the Biscuit Factory, Bermondsey which ran throughout 2018, Philippa is now appearing at the exclusive venue, The Curtain. She is known for presenting eclectic programmes of sublime and sometimes shocking classical music both as virtuoso soloist and alongside her stellar lineup of international guests. The music ranges from earliest Baroque right through to cutting edge contemporary composition.
If you come early, take advantage of the Green Room cocktail Bar on the ground floor or treat yourself to dinner at the Red Rooster restaurant, said to be the star of the show and is the only other outpost of the Harlem-based restaurant of the same name.
Enjoy a drink at the LP bar where the concert takes place and get up really close to some live music making in one of the coolest spaces around. Stay after to chat..
The Curtain, named after the Elizabethan playhouse which once stood nearby, is in the thick of Shoreditch revelry.
It’s a short walk to the area’s best bars, restaurants and clubs. Shoreditch High Street is a 5 minute walk and Old Street station is 10 minutes away.
Olivia Jageurs, harp:
Olivia has played at all of London’s major concert venues including the Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall and the O2 Arena. She has played with the UK’s major orchestras including the BBC Symphony Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia, Sinfonia Cymru, Ballet Rambert, London Philharmonic Orchestra and The Hallé. In 2016, Olivia held the coveted harp chair in the West End run of Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds at the Dominion Theatre. She also played in the last two UK arena tours with the show in 2014 and 2018. She has played at Glastonbury Festival in an orchestral tribute to David Bowie and at Montreux Festival with Max Richter and the 12 Ensemble. In 2017, Olivia’s harp-writing resource 15 second harp was shortlisted for a Royal Philharmonic Society Award. That year Olivia also founded Bach’n Eggs, London’s first series of classical music brunch concerts, which is regularly listed as one of London’s top pop-up events. She is looking forward to making her Wigmore Hall debut in three concerts in their 19/20 season.
Tickets £12 (essential to book online)
Over 21s only
Philippa Mo @ The Curtain
Live classical concert at the exclusive venue The Curtain
|19:30 - 23:30||£12.00|
The Curtain, The Curtain, 45 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3PT
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.