'Organ Failure!' feat. Pete Billington/Fliss Gorst/Dave Boraston & Special Guest Sophie Alloway
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
“Joyously talented and hugely entertaining with a delicious sense of fun”
- Julie Sheppard Director of Jazz Jurassica Festival
Expect a stellar evening filled with swing, latin, and blues that will bring pure listening pleasure!
Each musician has had a glowing career, and you’ll be amazed by the long list of people they’ve each performed with. Pete Billington has enjoyed success as an organ player alongside big names like Alan Barnes, Jamie Cullum, Nikki Illes, Bobby Wellins, Tina May, Alison Moyet and Michael Ball. Dave Boraston on Trumpet and Vocals, performing most notably with ‘The London Street Band’ - touring worldwide with Paul Weller, hugely successful Northern Soul outfit, ‘Stone Foundation; and is a staple on the West London Jazz scene. Both musicians are regulars with “The Fliss Gorst Band” a terrific Swing Band which you can find at some of the top venues in London. Saxophonist and the woman behind this swinging bunch, Fliss Gorst - Vandoren artist - is also musical director for theatre show, ‘A Tribute to Amy’ featuring singer/songwriter Father John Misty, with UK tour dates and presents her very own podcast, Journeys In Jazz. Sophie Alloway is no stranger to Toulouse Lautrec being the in demand drummer that she is! Her career spans multiple genres and continents, having toured with Roots Manuva in Europe, the U.S. and U.K, appeared on Later With Jools Holland, and the Mercury Prize awards, recording with the likes of afrobeat legend, Tony Allen, Hazel O’Connor and Clean Bandit, appearing on the European MTV awards.
Fliss Gorst - Tenor Sax
Pete Billington - Organ Piano
Dave Boraston - Trumpet & Vocals
Sophie Alloway - Drums
GENRES: JAZZ / ORGAN
TICKETS: STANDARD £16 | ON THE DOOR £25
Doors: 7:00pm / Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
|20:30 - 23:00||£16.00|
Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm<p>via Private YouTube Link</p>
|20:30 - 23:00||£8.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
4) Seating is allocated and based on first come, first served. Please arrive before start time to be guaranteed seating.
5) Once the show has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
6) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.