- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
100% OF ALL PROFIT FOR WOMEN IN JAZZ MEDIA FOR THIS EVENT GOES TO THE MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION*
This evening’s concert is aptly named “Home” as it reflects the tapestry of stories and events experienced over the past five years of living in London; the chaos, the beauty, the constant change, the coming and going, and finally the acceptance of it all. Led by Lara on vocals, piano, and guitar the line up includes:
Dave Manington on bass,
Naadia Sheriff on piano
Sophie Holoway on drums
This exciting set of atmospheric original music will offer the audience a chance to listen to the premierre of all the music written during lockdown , culinating in her album Home’, admist celebrated songwriters such as Becca Stevens, Jacob Collier and more.
“ one of those singers who connects with the audience as soon as she starts to sing.
Perhaps psychologists can explain the gift and it is a gift” Sandy Brown Jazz,
“A singer that knows no niche, because she has created one of her own” Athens News
“Sincere, heartfelt. It was then that I realised that music runs through Lara’s veins. It is not just something she does, but it is a part of her very being, far more than just an intense passion.” Andrea Vermark, Culture Box, South Africa
PHOTO CREDIT: Myriam B
*Since 1949, the Mental Health Foundation has been the UK’s leading charity for everyone’s mental health. With prevention at the heart of what they do, the MHF aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive. They take a public mental health approach to prevention, finding solutions for individuals, those at risk and for society, in order to improve everyone’s mental wellbeing.
Doors: 7pm / Show: 8.30- 11pm
|20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.