Il Matrimonio Segreto (The Secret Marriage)
- Elsted Village Hall
Pop-up Opera is an innovative touring opera company dedicated to making opera enjoyable and inviting, without losing the quality of musical performance.
We aim to broaden the appeal of opera and to challenge the way opera is performed, by taking it into unusual spaces and making it fun, fresh and intimate.
Our productions are fully staged, then adapted to each new space we go into, making every performance unique. Performances showcase exciting new operatic talent, professional opera singers in the first stage of promising careers. We aim to bring pleasure to those who are hesitant about opera, as well as to dedicated opera lovers; to open the hidden door to this art form and make even more seasoned opera goers feel like they have been given a secret backstage pass.
A rich Italian businessman attempts to marry off one of his daughters to a mad English toff with disastrous results. One of the most successful comic operas of the late eighteenth century, Cimarosa’s Il Matrimonio Segreto is about following your heart and makes for a perfect summer opera filled with our special Pop-up Opera humour, sparkle and fun. Packed with tunes and matrimonial mayhem, the opera’s premiere in Vienna was the occasion of the longest encore in operatic history; Leopold II was so delighted that he ordered supper served to the company and the entire opera repeated immediately after!
For enquiries regarding group bookings contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|General||19:30 - 22:00||£30.00|
Love what we do? Help spread the joy of Pop-up Opera further by supporting us with an extra £5 - we are an entirely unfunded company, so this bit extra really makes a difference!
|19:30 - 22:00||£35.00|
Elsted Village Hall, South Downs National Park, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 0JY
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.