Helena Debano and Saran Davies
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
100% OF ALL PROFIT FOR WOMEN IN JAZZ MEDIA FOR THIS EVENT GOES TO THE MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION*
Join us at this exciting gig for Women In Jazz Media : Helena Debono and Saran Davies.
The two friends came together to create new and exciting music. Crossing over their love for both classical and jazz music, you will love this pairs uniques sound.
With Saran's classical training (the Royal Academy of Music) and Helena’s jazz training (Leeds College Of Music), they are able to explore a world of music where both genres come together, performing a mix of reimagined jazz standards and some of their favourite pop songs.
PHOTO CREDIT: Monika Jakubowska.
From South West London comes Helena Debono, a young Jazz/Soul/Pop vocalist has been captivating audiences with her emotional renditions of Jazz standards and her own original music since she was a teenager. Her natural, effortless vocals have already received acclaim amongst the UK Jazz scene and leaves audiences wanting to hear more. Since returning to London, Helena became the Female vocalist for The National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO), during this time she was interviewed by Emma Smith for BBC Radio 3 “Jazz Now”. She is now the Vocal Coach for NYJO. In the Summer of 2019 Helena was thrilled to perform with The London Gay Big Band’ at London Pride in Trafalgar Square. She has also performed with The Puppini Sisters’ .
Saran: Saran has won numerous first-place awards as a soloist in many competitions and Concerto prizes for outstanding performance of the Elgar and Walton Cello Concerto.
As an emerging session musician, Saran is quickly becoming successful in recording with new and upcoming artists such as SuRie
(Eurovision 2018 UK representative) and successful pop band, Snowpatrol, making her debut album credit on their newly released album “Wildness”. She was thrilled to have been invited to record with world-famous artist and musician, Nile Rodgers at Abbey Road Studios. She also gained her first experience recording with the London Symphony Orchestra at Angel Studios earlier this year.
*Since 1949, the Mental Health Foundation has been the UK’s leading charity for everyone’s mental health. With prevention at the heart of what they do, the MHF aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive. They take a public mental health approach to prevention, finding solutions for individuals, those at risk and for society, in order to improve everyone’s mental wellbeing.
Doors: 7pm / Show: 8 - 10pm
|20:00 - 22:00||£15.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.