The Drury Club is a London speakeasy for members only, combining the style and hush hush nature of a New York City basement bar and the decadence of a Parisian den paradise. The Drury Club attracts a dedicated society of drinkers who share a penchant for the finer and slightly more potent things in life…
Fudge & The Frequency: Never Too Old To Dance Launch & Video Premier
Fudge and The Frequency Never Too Old To Dance Single Launch & Video Screening Premier With Special Guests:
The Drury Club, Drury Lane, London, 17 June 2014
He brought us Futuristic Funk with his debut EP in 2013. He's turned down approaches from the producers of both The Voice and X Factor. He has told the world to Wake The Funk Up with his latest EP, and now he promises us we are, Never Too Old To Dance.
Lead vocalist Fudge Jarcheh and his music collective, The Frequency, are bringing their own unique original blend, with a digital creative flair, to the music landscape. Since launching their debut single, Planet Radio, to a sell-out crowd at the Kensington Roof Gardens last November, they have been taking the London and Paris scenes by storm, selling out every venue along the way, including the Jazz Cafe, Clapham Grand, the Borderline, CARGO, Notting Hill Arts Club and the O2 Academy. Collecting a fiercely loyal band of followers everywhere they perform, calling themselves “Freqs”, they even count Stevie Wonder amongst their fans!
Fudge says, “Never Too Old To Dance is a message about just that - never feeling inadequate in any way to follow your dreams to the stratosphere. We all come alive when we dance and we should hold onto that feeling and breathe it everyday.”
Musically, Fudge and The Frequency create a unique fusion, drawing on influences of funk, soul, dubstep, hip-hop, rock and reggae, blended with some innovative, leading edge technology to augment and stretch their sound to the future, hence coining their style Futuristic Funk. With the voice of Fudge sitting perfectly in the middle of this soundscape, the listener is drawn into The Frequency by the clever lyrics and genuinely fresh tone. The musical styling has been likened to a mixture of Jamiroquai, Daft Punk and Prince with a futuristic punch in the face.
This act produces a 3-dimensional audio experience with their music and this track, a positive, motivational anthem for life, personifies that. The launch event will feature some hugely exciting production surprises throughout the night, offering guests a taste of the 3 dimensional experience the act creates, thanks to the collaboration between The Frequency and world-leading 3-D scanning, printing and props company, FBFX, who have created work for films from The Dark Knight Rises to Prometheus and War Horse. The setting of one of London's most stunning and exclusive venues, Soho's Drury Club, located on the landmark Drury Lane, just minutes from Covent Garden, will add to the night's buzzing atmosphere. Fans will also be excited to be the first to view the Never Too Old video, which will be premièred on the night.
Fudge and The Frequency, dragging funk to now and living their motto, “Dare to be you”...
"Only the music can keep me alive", Fudge Jarcheh, Never Too Old To Dance
Fudge and The Frequency are delighted to be supported at the Drury Club by Johnny Lucas. Final support act to be announced...
General Admission Tickets
167 Drury Lane WC2B 5PG
Covent Garden (Tube)
167 Drury Lane WC2B 5PG
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.