Ali Affleck and the Gin Mill Genies
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Hailed as “Bessie Smith of the 21st Century*” we are dying to introduce you to Ali Affleck and the Gin Mill Genies.
The award winning vocalist and percussionist, works her dual heritage of New Orleanian vibrancy and Scottish cheekiness to present a riot of uplifting hot roots jazz and smouldering bawdy blues!
Held together with sprinklings of Creole and French for a solidly seasoned New Orleans vibe. Not only a vocal powerhouse and musical storyteller, she is also a historian and raconteur.Unsurprising, being the Great Great Niece of Dame Nellie Melba!
Her exceptional stagecraft and facts about the music she presents have secured her regular work with the BBC , STV and at worldwide festivals from the French quarter fest to Ascona jazz festival .
"OUTSTANDING - A real masterclass in grassroots Jazz. Her voice was deep and smooth and I wanted to just wrap myself up in it. It was a real privilege to witness a singer that channels Billie Holiday with so much charm and poise." - Edinburgh 49
Infinitely danceable and uplifting, Ali and the Gin Mill Genies offer the perfect tonic for the start of 2022 - a fresh voice in London and Ali’s first time at Toulouse Lautrec.
And the Genies are:
Doors: 7:30pm / Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
|20:30 - 23:00||£16.00|
Watch At Home Live Stream (Household Ticket)
Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
via Private YouTube Link
|20:30 - 23:00||£16.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.