The Poetry Brothel: I blink and all the stones shatter
You stand in a dark room, swirling ice in an empty glass, wondering if the frosty feeling in your heart will ever thaw.
After months of isolation, you have returned to the world, but still find yourself withdrawing. A shadowy silhouette shrouded in purple light approaches you.
Their voice is soft and low, the velvet grace of the words, the transcendent covenant, is just a sketch of the things to come.
Your pulse quickens and the breath catches on your lips.
For a fee, any of the creatures of the Poetry bBothel will bequeath you a poetical slice of their soul.
The Poetry Brothel is an international sensation that began in New York and has spread across the globe. The London chapter first opened its velvet curtains 6 years ago and returns with a tour de force of performers. The Poetry Brothel has rebellion in its heart, where the strange, the misfits, the underdogs mingle together. All are welcomed regardless of creed and class.
The Poetry Brothel is an immersive and extraordinary show. Reclaiming poetry from dusty classrooms, exam papers and ivory towers, we aim to return to the origins of poetry performance, the ancient rituals, ceremonies, and chants that uplift and enliven our communities. Presenting a rotating cast of "poetry whores” each operating within a carefully constructed character, catering for a wide variety of poetic appetites. For a lovely fee, you can partake in an intimate one-on-one poetry performance, where the intimacy of words is for you alone to savour.
|20:00 - 22:30
Electrowerkz, 7, Torrens Street, London, EC1V 1NQ
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.