Hex and the City
- Farringdon Tube entrance
"...And have you heard (and I have heard)
Of puzzled men with decorous mien,
Who judged - the wench knew far too much -
And burnt her on the Salem green?”
© Adelaide Crapsey
London may be one of the most open and liberal cities in the world now, but did you know that our capital has a long, dark history of witchcraft and persecution?
On this immersive theatre walking tour you will discover just that as your guide unveils to you the dark, devilish and downright unjust history of witchcraft in London.
You will meet some of the forgotten women who have been branded and persecuted as witches throughout the ages in our city - from medieval healers and Elizabethan devil-worshippers to pagan priestesses and wartime mediums. They’ve come back, and they want their stories to be heard…
Explore the places that these 'witches' were associated with, and some of the locations that were host to occult activity, including a pagan temple, right in the heart of the city!
This journey promises to be spooky and moving with a little bit of black humour thrown in for good measure.
So are you ready to be bewitched by London?
Tour begins outside Farringdon tube Station and ends at St Pauls Cathedral.
Run time: approx 1 hour 30 mins.
Fancy dress encouraged! 🌚🧙
Hex and the City tour
|20:00 - 21:30||£14.00|
Farringdon Tube entrance, Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6BY
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Please be on time. Due to the nature of the event latecomers cannot be accommodated.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
10. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.