Harlots, Strumpets and Tarts, Oh My!
- Covent Garden tube station
Fancy a good time love...?
Of course you do!
Hogarth, Harlots, Moll Flanders... you've seen the paintings, watched the TV shows and read the books... now visit the places that London's REAL strumpets called home.
Allow your guide, 'The Baroness' to transport you back to the London of three hundred years ago and into the steamy underworld of the Georgian sex worker. Meet the women that 'made it', and those that ended up in the gutter; the high class courtesans and the gin-addled street walkers; the business-savvy Brothel Madams and the corrupted country girls. Hear the stories of the women that weren't often given a voice - in a trade that existed to serve men. What was it really like for them, and have we learned the lessons of the past?
Eighteenth Century London's sordid and often brutal sex industry is dramatically brought to life in this immersive, theatrical experience**.
And when your thirst for lewd women, saucy stories and harrowing histories has been well and truly quenched, what better way to finish the experience than in a tavern that takes it's name from one of the most notorious courtesans of all time?
Tour starts at Covent Garden tube station and ends at a local pub. Run time: approximately 1.5-2 hours*. Small groups to keep the experience intimate! ;-) Fancy dress welcomed!
**CONTENT TRIGGER WARNING* Includes themes of rape, sexual exploitation and abuse that may be triggering**
Sunday afternoon show
PLEASE NOTE! AUGUST DATES WILL RUN LATER 4PM - 5.30PM
|16:00 - 17:30||£18.50|
Covent Garden tube station, Meet outside tube, Long Acre, London, WC2E 9JT
Covent Garden (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of Covent Garden area (Westminster Council).
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team or performers for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Herstorical Tours reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Due to the nature of the event, latecomers cannot be accommodated.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the event.
10. The promoter and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.