RANDE'S CENA SUBTERRÁNEA
- Various Venues (London)
RANDE is a Mexican pop up restaurant exploring life beyond tacos and winding up somewhere between the traditional and inventive side of the cuisine. We’re talking labour intensive moles served with melt in your mouth pork tenderloin and perfectly puffed, inflatadas stuffed with homemade foams that will bring a tear to your eye.
All these tasty morsels are magically conjured in the makeshift kitchens of London’s hidden and forgotten nooks; laundromats, victorian boiler rooms and deserted warehouses are among the favourites.
For diners, the adventure starts as they walk down the road, timidly searching for this odd venue and getting a little bit lost along the way. They fumble through the door and find a party awaiting. They search for their group and bond with strangers who are equally perplexed by the evening they have embarked on. Communal tables are slow filled and diners are presented with four courses of Mexican delights.
And who dreams up these lunacies? The RANDE team is a group of renegades and dreamers. They take tequila shots and orders from their fearless (mad?) leader, Randy - who happens to have a hell of a lot of imagination … and cajones.
This is a dining experience unlike any other. Must be seen to be believed.
Join us for our upcoming dates.
EXAMPLE MENU (subject to change):
Tuna Tartare Tostadas
Sushi grade tuna served with asian spices and whipped guacamole served on a masa crisp
<vegetarian option with crispy, asian spiced tofu>
Confit pork served on a freshly made blue corn tortilla with a chipotle honey sauce
<Veggie option with torched al pastor marinated halloumi and spicy pineapple salsa>
Hake with Green Mole
Sous vide-d perfectly flakey hake served with a spicy green mole made of a base of toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs. Served with roasted seasonal vegetables and potatoes croquettes.
<Veggie option with a roasted vegetable medley>
Mexican Flan de mi Padre
A somehow simultaneously delicate and indulgently rich flan with a perfect, liquid caramel top
"Loved it. Food was great, hosts were very knowledgeable and passionate about their food as well. Would highly recommend. Thank you!" - Sunil
"Exquisite food and very welcoming hosts - we've had a great time!" - Gosha
"Great evening. Interesting venue, with loads of character. Really friendly host, with a great team. Fantastic Food. The perfect way for 13 of us to celebrate a birthday!!" - Anonymous
“A buddy and I went along and thought the whole event was awesome! Really cool venue superb food funky bunch of people overall it was a great alternative experience vs hitting up “yet another traditional restaurant”. Can’t want for another event.” -Anonymous
"So much fun!! The location was super cool- if you love quirky hipster things this is for you! There were lots of cocktails provided so I didn't even end up finishing all the BYOB drinks I brought. The people running it were friendly and fun. The group itself was lively and we stayed on long after chatting. It's great value for money!!" - Anonymous
|Primary Menu||19:00 - 22:00||£39.50|
|Vegetarian Menu||19:00 - 22:00||£39.50|
Various Venues (London), E8 2BZ
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
RANDE Pop Up
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.