Raising Humans - Over Supper
- No reviews.
- Space @ 61
What is it?
An opportunity to discuss why gender equality is both important for our children and why its starts in childhood, while eating the amazing food of Salvation Suppers.
Author of the award winning She’s Not Good for a Girl, She’s Just Good! Suzanne Hemming will be talking to Let Toys be Toys and these_two_dudes
Who are they?
Let Toys be Toys are a campaign that asks the toy and publishing industries to stop limiting children's interests by promoting some toys and books as only suitable for girls, and others only for boys. And these_two-dudes is a father of two absolute dudes - one with xx chromosomes; one with xy - who bangs on about all the things that try to convince them that they're not equal.
Why does this matter?
Our children are equals when they're born, but from the minute they enter the world, society will tell them they're not. By the age of 7 they have already received 1000s of messages about who they should be and what they should like. If we want our girls to believe they can run the company, or our boys to believe it's ok to show their feelings, the messages need to change.
What about the food?
Chef Susan Foynes runs Salvation Suppers and creates delicious, seasonal home cooked food that you will rave about for days. There will be welcome drinks and canapés on arrival, a sensational seasonal main, a delicious pudding and mint tea to end.
Why should I go?
If you’re a parent and you believe that men and women are equals, then this will be an opportunity to leave the kids at home, engage in fascinating conversation, with some lovely people, and enjoy some amazing food.
Hope to see you there!
Raising Humans Over Supper
Dinner & Discussion about the importance of equality and its beginnings in childhood
61 Cheltenham Road SE15 3AF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.