Celebrated chef Oded Oren and Borough Wines & Beers are paying homage to the diverse foods and flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean, in a two-week drinking and dining pop-up.
A fusion of flavours and styles, Oren's five-course menu draws influences from across this wide and diverse region. His style is characterised by a freshness of flavour and lightness of touch, which brings out the best in his ingredients and lets them shine.
Oren began cooking in his hometown Tel Aviv and moved to London in 2011. In the past few years he has hosted several pop-ups, including a six-month residency at South East London restaurant Louie Louie, where he received brilliant reviews from The Guardian and others.
Friday 13th October - Winemaker Dinner with Domaine des Tourelles
On Friday 13th October, Lebanese winemaker Faouzi Issa - from Domaine des Tourelles - will be in attendance and will present a flight of his wines alongside the menu. On this night, all tickets (£57) will include a wine tasting flight.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
If you get a chance to try Oded Oren's food then seize it! This special evening was hosted in the cellar at Brewery Below, attractively set up with candles and wild seasonal flowers. We had the wine pairing of Lebanese wines at £15 per head to complement the food and found that interesting and good value for the quality of wines we were given. Oded's food has a more subtle Middle Eastern vibe than is often found, and was all the more interesting for it. Highlights included crunchy squid pitta breads (the pittas were fluffy and home made that day - quite a different experience in itself from the usual bought pitta), crisp sea bass salad (as fresh and delicious as any Vietnamese style salad) and a scented cardomom panacotta. A charming experience in every aspect!
visited Brewery Below on 12 Oct 2017