Think of Irish booze and you think of whiskey and Guinness. They've got an ace up their sleeves though, Ireland is currently producing some of the best craft gins on the market.
To celebrate this fact, the Irish Gin and Tonic Festival is bringing its closing party to London, introducing the capital to new Irish brands in a huge summertime G&T party!
Gins representing every province in Ireland will be in attendance, along with a chance to meet the people behind the spirits to find more about their story and how they're made:
From Ulster, the lovely Boatyard Gin. Wild bog myrtle from the family farm in Fermanagh helps to characterise Boatyard Distillery's gorgeous organic grain gin. It has been nicknamed a "double gin" for the two distillations they implement for each bottling.
From Leinster, the delectable Bonac 24. The initial inspiration for this Wicklow gin actually came from time spent working in the Hamptons in NY, also known to the locals there as Bonac. Apparently, it took the Clifford family 24 times to get their gin formula right, hence the name Bonac 24.
From Munster, the delicious Dingle Gin. Straight outta county Kerry, with a rich spirit that is beautifully infused with eastern European spices and local flowers. Brought to you by the same folk as The Porterhouse Brewery.
From Connaught, the outstanding Drumshanbo Gunpowder Gin. Made in the only distillery in Leitrim, it is named after the famous Chinese green tea, it also features Irish ingredients such as dried meadowsweet which makes it a rather global spirit.
All of these lovely Irish Gins will be paired with Poacher's Premium Irish tonic waters. Ireland's only producer of premium, low sugar, natural mixers, Poacher's citrus tonic water features Florida orange and Irish rosemary, while their classic tonic water is more quinine forward with just a tiny sprinkling of Irish thyme.
For just £10 you'll get access to samples of all of these gins as well as an all Irish G&T served from our dedicated G&T bar. And we'll keep the bar open throughout the day until 10pm, if you need to freshen up!
Food is coming BBQ style courtesy of Irish TV chef Simon Lamont, and you'll also be able to make the most of our wonderful venue with craft beer from 40ft brewery available in the tap room.
So come along to the 40FT Brewery in Dalston and join us for a one night only extravaganza of Irish gins and Irish tonics! Or as we like to call it #LondonIrishGnT.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
It was a cool chance to try some new different kinds of gin. I saw the advertisement as receiving a 25 ml shot of each gin, but this was not the case as I suppose it was to the dispensers discretion of how big the sample was. However, I still enjoyed the night with my friends and think it was good value for money. The venue had a good atmosphere of people and the staff were friendly.
visited The Bootyard, on 01 Jul 2017
03 Jul 2017 by
Small intimate event, gin vendors were knowledgable. A bit disappointed as one vendor was more interested in socializing and never had the chance to sample their gin.
visited The Bootyard, on 01 Jul 2017