The Muppet Christmas Carol Sing-a-long: A Pop Up Screening
- St James' Church
Join us for a pop-up sing-a-long of one of the best-loved Christmas films of all time - The Muppet Christmas Carol!
Hosted in the glorious St James’ Church in Islington (as seen in Comic Relief’s recent Four Weddings and a Funeral reunion), this special fundraiser will certainly get you into the festive spirit. Expect:
🎼 Carol singing on arrival
🎁 Prizes for the best Christmas Jumper
🍷 Mulled wine and mince pies
🍹Themed-cocktails - a Tiny Tim Tipple, perhaps?
🥧 Delicious food
🎅 A raffle with prizes to fall in love with
💙 A guaranteed spot on the nice list, all money raised will support North London Cares’ Winter Wellbeing programme and help to keep older people across Camden and Islington connected, warm and active during the colder months.
Food, drinks and festive fun from 6.30 pm. The film starts at 7.45pm and the event will end at around 10.00pm (inc. interval).
About our Winter Wellbeing Project: Winter can be isolating – especially for the 1 million older people who say they often or always feel lonely. That's because leaving the home becomes doubly challenging, increasing the risk of social isolation. What's more, high fuel costs and poor insulation can cause financial strain, and at a time when we should be looking out for one another, the tendency is to retreat.
North London Cares’ Winter Wellbeing project tackles this growing problem by working to keep older neighbours connected, warm and active during the coldest months of the year. To do this, we will:
🚪 Knock on over 600 doors, to check in on those who may be struggling to get out this winter.
🧤 Distribute warm items, such as blankets, gloves, and hot water bottles.
🤝 Support older neighbours into community services for energy assessments, benefits support, housing advice and much more.
💙 Connect older neighbours to their local community, to make new friends and carry out fun activities at our Social Clubs.
By buying a ticket you’ll be helping to make these important activities possible. Thank you.
About The Muppet Christmas Carol: 'Tis the season for love, laughter, and one of the most cherished stories of all time! Join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, and all the hilarious Muppets in this merry, magical version of Charles Dickens' classic tale. Academy Award(R) winner Michael Caine (Best Supporting Actor, 2000, THE CIDER HOUSE RULES;) gives a performance that's anything but "bah, humbug!" as greedy, penny-pinching Ebenezer Scrooge. One fateful Christmas Eve, Scrooge is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Together with kind, humble Bob Cratchit (Kermit the Frog) and his family, the Spirits open Scrooge's eyes -- and his heart -- to the true meaning of Christmas. Directed by: Brian Henson | Starring: Michael Caine, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Jerry Nelson, Frank Oz | Year: 2003 | Length: 86 mins | Country: UK | Certification: (U) | Format: DVD
|General Admission: NLC presents The Muppet Christmas Carol Sing-a-long||18:30 - 22:00||£16.00|
St James' Church, St James' Church, Prebend Street, Islington, London, N1 8QH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.