The Muppet Christmas Carol: A Pop Up Screening
- St James' Church
Join us for a pop-up screening of one of the best-loved Christmas films of all time - The Muppet Christmas Carol!
Hosted in the glorious St James’ Church in Islington (as seen in Comic Relief’s recent Four Weddings and a Funeral reunion), this special fundraiser will certainly get you into the festive spirit. Expect:
🎼 Classical music on arrival
🎁 Prizes for the best Christmas Jumper
🍷 Mulled wine and mince pies
🥧 Delicious food
🎅 A raffle with prizes to fall in love with
💙 A guaranteed spot on the nice list, all money raised will support North London Cares’ winter programme to help to keep older people across Camden and Islington connected during the colder months.
Food, drinks and festive fun from 6.45 pm. The film starts at 7.30pm and the event will end at around 10.00pm (inc. interval).
With special thanks to Pernod Ricard who have donated drinks for the evening and Hidden City, Swing Patrol, Franca Manca and Sipsmith who have donated prizes for our raffle.
Our priority is to ensure everyone feels safe during the event. We will be doing this in the following ways:
- All ticket holders must on arrival show proof of full vaccination or a negative lateral flow within 48 hours of the event, to be allowed entry.
- Face coverings must be worn upon entry to the venue, and when you are not seated, unless you are exempt.
Our older and younger neighbours are most at risk of loneliness and many have experienced further isolation due to Covid-19. Recent surveys state that 39% of adults don't think their feelings of loneliness will go away after Covid-19. With colder, longer and darker nights, winter will make it much harder for older people to leave their house, yet 6.1 million people aged 60+ in the UK lack digital skills. We have an important role in breaking down these digital barriers, keeping everyone connected.
We will reach out to older neighbours who have been identified as at risk of isolation. We will offer them group technology training, to connect them to our online social activities and new friends, during the long winter months and beyond. As part of our winter outreach effort, we will also offer a holistic range of support to keep them warm, active and connected, including warm items, grants, and referrals for complex problems for those most in need.
By buying a ticket you’ll be helping to make these important activities possible. Thank you.
About The Muppet Christmas Carol: 'Tis the season for love, laughter, and one of the most cherished stories of all time! Join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, and all the hilarious Muppets in this merry, magical version of Charles Dickens' classic tale. Academy Award(R) winner Michael Caine (Best Supporting Actor, 2000, THE CIDER HOUSE RULES;) gives a performance that's anything but "bah, humbug!" as greedy, penny-pinching Ebenezer Scrooge. One fateful Christmas Eve, Scrooge is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Together with kind, humble Bob Cratchit (Kermit the Frog) and his family, the Spirits open Scrooge's eyes -- and his heart -- to the true meaning of Christmas. Directed by: Brian Henson | Starring: Michael Caine, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Jerry Nelson, Frank Oz | Year: 2003 | Length: 86 mins | Country: UK | Certification: (U) | Format: DVD
|General Admission: NLC presents The Muppet Christmas Carol Sing-a-long||18:45 - 22:00||£18.00|
St James' Church, St James' Church, Prebend Street, Islington, London, N1 8QH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. All ticket holders must on arrival show proof of full vaccination or a negative lateral flow within 48 hours of the event, to be allowed entry.
14. Face coverings must be worn upon entry to the venue, and when you are not seated, unless you are exempt.