We are delighted to welcome Steve Smith MW of Smith & Sheth and Pyramid Valley for a special wine tasting at Le Cordon Bleu.The event is open to the public and to current students, but seats are limited so book early to avoid missing out.
Steve holds a Master of Wine from the Institute of Masters of Wine in London, being the first viticulturist in the world to hold this title. He was awarded the Sir George Fistonich Medal for outstanding contribution to the New Zealand Wine Industry in 2014 and was named one of the 50 most influential people in the world of wine by Decanter Magazine in 1999. He has spent his entire life since leaving high school in the New Zealand wine industry, firstly as an academic, then in business with Villa Maria, followed by co-founding Craggy Range, and for 16 years leading the business as CEO. More recently he co-founded and is Managing Director of both the Smith & Sheth Wine Company and Aotearoa New Zealand Fine Wine Estates that owns Pyramid Valley and Lowburn Ferry. Steve is also engaged in the wider agriculture, food and fibre sector and has been an active member in the Te Hono network since its inception in 2012. He had a term as Chancellor of Lincoln University from 2016-2018 and is a ministerial appointment to the NZ Story Group, responsible for furthering New Zealand’s nation brand, the Primary Sector Council, and chairs the independent advisory panel for the Sustainable Future Food and Fibre Fund for the Ministry of Primary Industries.
Wine Tasting with Steve Smith MW
Entry and seat at the Wine Tasting event with Steve Smith MW of Smith & Sheth.
|18:30 - 20:30||£10.00|
Le Cordon Bleu London, 15, Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1A 2LS
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.