The boys from the Rhythm and Booze Project are back and ready to cause trouble in Bermondsey! Felipe and Paul are going to bring you a night full of whisky, music, and mischief.
Taking over the intimate cafe of Crol and Co in London Bridge/Bermondsey, this is a combination gig and whisky tasting, featuring an OPEN WHISKY BAR you read that right boasting a large selection of premium Scottish single malts as well as other whiskies from around the world. The boys will be doing what what they do best as a gritty duo, both as musicians and whisky professionals, providing a thoroughly entertaining and unique show.
There are only limited spaces for this intimate and whisky-soaked event, so book now!
For April 20th, doors open at 18:45, the show kicks off at 19:00. On the 21st, it'll be doors at 17:00, show starting at 17:15. Though Crol does serves toasties, we recommend you make sure to get something to eat beforehand!
Here's the official RnB bio:
The Rhythm and Booze Project features Felipe and Paul, a duo fusing live music and whisky through gigs, tasting events, and multimedia experiences.
The project was born during a 2012 pilgrimage to the whisky capital of Islay, when Felipe and Paul played in bars and hotels in exchange for a meal, a bed, and healthy drams of whisky.
Regular collaborations since then, including tours in the UK, United States, and South America, led to the creation of The Rhythm and Booze Project, which combines Felipe's and Paul's extensive background as professional touring musicians, event producers, and passionate fans of whisky in all forms.
As a musical outfit, the band incorporates roots, folk, and blues music in a uniquely gritty mix of its own, blending hypnotic grooves with raucous energy and irresistible showmanship.
For their whisky tasting events, Felipe and Paul merge performance, live music, and multi-sensory experiences. Past projects encompass blues and whisky tasting events for Islay's Caol Ila distillery, a tasting event series in Edinburgh that saw live music from local musicians actually alter the taste of whisky itself, and intimate masterclasses with Lagavulin's distillery manager.
With five professional degrees between them, Felipe and Paul have an academic background to match. Felipe wrote his Masters degree thesis on sustainable distillation on Islay conducting field interviews after Islay's Feis Ile whisky festival, while Paul has completed a PhD in the history of jazz drumming and the drum kit in New Orleans.
Felipe is also a leading writer about all aspects of whisky for top industry publications including the websites distiller.com and scotchwhisky.com, and also writes about whisky for Forbes.com. He has won the 2022 Icons of Whisky Communicator of the Year award, and is also a Keeper of the Quaich. Yes, that's a thing.
DISCLAIMER: We'll turn away anyone with no refund who shows up drunk or not in a fit state to appreciate the music and whisky. You've been warned.
April 20th (19:00 start)
Buy this ticket for the show on April 20th, starting at 19:00.
|19:00 - 22:00
April 21st (17:15 start)
Buy this ticket for the show on April 21st, starting at 17:15.
|17:15 - 20:15
Crol & Co, 77 Dunton Road, London, SE1 5TW
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.