Crime & Punishment Running Tour
- Tower Hill Station
Join Secret London Runs for a brand new grisly excursion through London's underworld. Along a scenic 10km guided running tour from Tower Hill to Marble Arch, you'll uncover the most gruesome side of London's history; from the remains of notorious medieval prisons, to the sites of ghastly gallows and famous executions. What were the worst crimes committed by Londoners? And how were they punished?
The tour ends by running along the 'Black Parade', which follows in the footsteps of thousands of condemned prisoners as they journeyed from Newgate Prison to the Tyburn Gallows. Which famous criminals took this path? Who managed to escape? And what happened when they got to their destination?
Discover London's dark and twisted underbelly with Secret London Runs' Crime and Punishment running tour.
Dates and Pacing:
It's important to us that everyone runs at a pace they're comfortable with. So each tour has a guide pace - please sign up for the one that suits you the best:
Half-walk / Half-run (Mixing short intervals of gentle running with walking)
Sunday 21st June, 5pm
Steady (Join this tour if you usually run 10k in 10-12 minute miles)
Sunday 15th March, 5pm
Sunday 17th May, 5pm
Sunday 19th July, 5pm
Sunday 20th September, 5pm
Speedy (Join this tour if you're comfortable running 10k in sub-10 minute miles)
Sunday 19th April, 5pm
Sunday 16th August, 5pm
*Paces are a guide. All runners (usually about 15) on the tour run at the same pace behind the tour guide. The guide will run at the pace of the slowest runner - we don't leave anyone behind. But it is difficult to accommodate your pace if it is wildly slower than the pace you and the rest of the runners on your tour have signed up for. If you usually run faster than the pace you've signed up for, please be prepared to run at the pace of the tour to make the rest of the runners feel comfortable.*
Standard - Half-walk / Half-run
Mixing short intervals of gentle running with walking
|17:00 - 19:30||£20.00|
Standard - Steady Pace
For those comfortable running 10k in 10-12 minute miles
|17:00 - 19:00||£20.00|
Standard - Speedy Pace
For those comfortable running 10k in sub 10 minute miles
|17:00 - 19:00||£20.00|
Tower Hill Station, (Next to the Roman Statue), 38 Trinity Square, London, EC3N 4DJ
Tower Hill (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. We reserve the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Please be on time, admission to the tour for latecomers cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be refunded after purchase. If you let us know within 14 days of your tour, we'll transfer your booking to another date. You're also welcome to give or sell your tickets to another runner at any time.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. There will be a No Smoking Policy on each tour.
11. The promoter and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. Minimum age 18.
13. Please do not attend the tour under the influence of alcohol. We reserve the right to remove you from the tour if you appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
14. You will be asked to sign an event disclaimer before the run.
15. Unfortunately, if fewer than 4 people are booked onto the tour one week before it's due we may need to cancel. Attendees will be offered a rescheduled tour or a refund.
16. No jeans. Please wear running clothes and shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to you if dressed inappropriately.