BucketRace Easter Hunt
- No reviews.
- Golden Square
• 1st place prize: Tickets for your team to Cadbury World.
BucketRace is a Scavenger Race around London, where teams compete against one another by completing tasks on the list (or BucketList) provided. BucketRaces goal is for participants to discover new places, activities and hidden gems within London, while meeting like-minded people and competing in a fun and friendly environment.
You can enter either as an individual and we will allocate you a team on the day, or as your own team.
Teams can be no larger than 4 people
Teams must stick together at all times
Each photo should include the whole team; however, one member can be excluded if they’re taking the photo/video
Tasks are divided into Miscellaneous and Location categories
Location tasks are mutually exclusive. You cannot score tasks within multiple locations
Tasks must be submitted before the end of BucketRace to be counted
For late arrival to the finish teams loose 150 points every 10 minutes
Any team more than 20 minutes late will loose all their points
Any teams caught cheating will be disqualified
Teams with the most points at the end of BucketRace wins
What you need
All you need is a well-charged smart phone (more than one per team is advised) and a Twitter account. BucketRace will provide the rest.
Each task carries a specific amount of points based on its difficulty, location and BucketRace classification (e.g. location, miscellaneous or bonus). The location tasks score the least; however completing enough of them unlocks a hefty bonus. Miscellaneous tasks score more points, but they don’t offer any bonus incentive. So choose wisely!
It’s also worth noting that most of the BucketRace location tasks have been written in order of the quickest route. The exceptions are the final few tasks within each section, which have been chosen to fit the culture of each area and can be performed anywhere within that location. BucketRace lasts for 4 hours. Any teams who arrive to the finish late, will forfeit a cumulative 50 points every 10 minutes.
There are Location tasks specific to regions of London such as: Find a taxi serving coffee in Shoreditch, find the giant Dragon in Camden and build a human pyramid in Hyde Park. There are general London based tasks such as: arrive at Big Ben when the clock strikes 14:00, hail a black cab and start a party on an open top bus. And there are miscellaneous tasks such as: wear a toothpaste moustache, wear a toilet seat around your neck, get a high score on a video game
Tasks are submitted through the wonderful world of social media, using photos and/or videos as evidence. More specifically we calculate real time scores using Twitters #Hashtag function. That way teams can use their own mobile phones and we can give you hourly updates on how each team is performing. Twitter is free to download and use. If you don’t already have a twitter account, please ask one of our staff to help you create one before BucketRace begins.
• Each tweet must contain the following: Name of task, points value, #BucketRace, #TeamName, @BucketRace and a photo/video of the task.
Example : Stand in the corner of an elevator facing the wrong way while people enter, 50 pts, @BucketRace, #TeamName #BucketRace.
On The Day
We meet at – Golden Square, London, Greater London, W1F 9HR. The location is easily accessible by tube or bus. The nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus. Once there, individual sign ups will be collated into teams, there will be a brief introduction and teams will receive their lists. Within in the 4 hour time period, teams must choose which region of London they'll be completing tasks in, and complete the tasks they believe will amount to the most points. When the clock strikes 12:30 the competition will start and you'll be racing off to best your opponents whilst discovering the hidden gems of London.
We can also provide customised lists, for specific events like birthdays and stag do's. Simply contact us with your requirements and we will provide you with a quote
BucketRace is a Scavenger Race around London, where teams compete against one another by completing a list of tasks within a set timeframe.
|12:00 - 16:00||£10.00|
Brewer St, Soho, W1F 9HR
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.