In the Eyes of the Beholder: A Speedy Sketch-Dating Experience
- No reviews.
- London Calling Sweden
SPEED DATING WITH AN ARTY TWIST
They say love is in the eye of the beholder… so take a good look at this speed sketching event for single Londoners.
- Single, and tired of swiping
- Looking for a deeper connection and NOT a hook-up
- Bored of the usual ‘dinner and drinks’ dates
- In love with London and the opportunities to socialise
- Interested in meeting other people who want a real connection
- A bit adventurous and willing to give something new a try in the name of love
Then join Asa from Tailor Matched for a fun and laid-back speed dating event with a artsy twist for 30+ men and women.
8 men and 8 women are given 5 minutes with only a pencil and the look of love to recreate their dates on paper as something akin to the Mona Lisa…
We imagine it’ll be more like stick figures and maybe the odd “abstract” interpretation - you have to break the ice somehow.
Do I need to be able to draw?
Absolutely not! This isn’t about creating a masterpiece, but about taking the time to really see the date in front of you. No pressure to perform or come up with witty conversation - you’ll be too busy sketching. And if you’re artistically gifted, prepare to make your dates swoon as you capture their beauty on paper.
I hate speed dating, how is this different?
We hear you. Speed dating can really suck when there’s only time to hear about each other’s jobs! We’re all about forming deep connections, and sometimes when you put the chit-chat to one side and let two people really SEE one another, magic happens.
You really think this will be romantic?
Um, yeah! Eye-contact is POWERFUL stuff. Haven’t you read the New York Times Modern Love column that went viral about how 4 minutes of eye-gazing can make you fall in love!?
I’m shy but I like the sound of this, can I still come?
Of course - you can hide behind a massive sketch pad and woo your dates with that whole ‘mysterious artist’ vibe. A picture paints a thousand words after all…
Isn’t it rude to stare?
Tonight it’s rude not to
We’ll provide all the materials (and even an artist on hand to guide your way), all you have to do is open your eyes and really SEE the person sitting right in front of you.
Be prepared to fall madly in love with the shape of a mouth or curve of a neck as you explore with your eyes.
Bring dating off the screen and back to life, and join us for a fun, no-pressure evening of deep connection. We’ll email you after the event to tell you who would like to see a whole lot more of you.
Hosted by Asa Baav, a dating coach and matchmaker on a mission to take dating off screens and back to real life, and held at underground Swedish bar London Calling Sweden on the ‘Beer Mile’ in Bermondsey, expect a laid-back night of fun with like-minded people.
You might just find what you've been looking for is right in front of your eyes.
|Standard Ticket||19:00 - 22:00||£20.00|
London Calling Sweden, London Calling Sweden, 72 Enid St, London, SE16 3RA
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.