The Book Club
- 12th Knot at Sea Containers London
Launching this June comes Sea Containers London’s new Book Club series in partnership with The Orion Publishing Group.
Hosted in 12th Knot, join renowned authors against the stunning backdrop of the hotel’s rooftop bar with unparalleled views of the River Thames and St Pauls.
The Book Club will give guests exclusive access to authors with behind-the-scenes conversations and insights into their writing process and inspiration.
Listen to excerpts from new books as well as the opportunity to ask first-hand questions to a selection of renowned authors.
Following The Book Club, books will be available to purchase where guests will also have the chance to have copies signed personally.
Monday 5 June at 6.30pm: Undoctored by Adam Kay
The Book Club will kick off on 5th June with Adam Kay's brand-new Number 1 Sunday Times bestseller, Undoctored. Kay rose to fame with his debut book This is Going to Hurt, a literary sensation: a Sunday Times number one bestseller for over a year, winning a record-breaking four National Book Awards and selling over 3 million copies.
But this was only part of Adam’s story….
With his stethoscope now hung up, Adam Kay shares more suture-splitting anecdotes from both on and off the wards. From the hilarious to the profoundly moving, from the first days of medical school to life after the NHS, Undoctored is an astonishing portrait of an extraordinary life, from one of Britain's finest - and funniest - storytellers.
Monday 18 September at 6.30pm: Edge of Here by Kelechi Okafor
Join writer, presenter, actor and "Say Your Mind" podcast host, Kelechi Okafor, who is famously known for challenging how we think about race and femininity in tandem. Kelechi's new book, Edge of Here explores the tales of contemporary Black womanhood, asks questions about the way we live, and offers a glimpse into our near future. This empowering and thought-provoking collection of short stories is sure to spark conversation and inspire readers.
Tickets cost £25 per person, including a welcome drink on arrival.
£5 of the £25 will be donated to Breathe Arts Health Research.
A £55 ticket is also available which includes a two-course dinner in Sea Containers Restaurant with a glass of Prosecco.
The special tasting menu features delicious dishes including, star anise salmon with elderflower and crackling, grilled skirt steak with radish, spring onion and barley and seabass with crushed peas and buttermilk vermouth.
More events to be announced shortly.
The Book Club
Ticket includes a welcome drink on arrival
|18:30 - 20:30||£25.00|
The Book Club + dinner
Ticket includes a welcome drink on arrival and The Book Club followed by a 2-course meal and glass of Prosecco in Sea Containers Restaurant
|18:30 - 22:30||£55.00|
12th Knot at Sea Containers London, 20 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PD
Sea Containers London
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.