Stand Up 4 Women - CAMDEN
- No reviews.
- Camden Comedy Club
An evening of stand up comedy to create awareness about domestic abuse and raise funds for Solace Women’s Aid.
Over the span of two weeks, there are five nights with over 50 funny women helping to fundraise for Solace Women’s Aid. The charity which exists to bring to an end the harm done through domestic and sexual violence to all survivors and in particular women and children. Their work is holistic, feminist and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse. Now in it’s 40th year, Solace is committee to continuous improvement to end abuse and violence.
On the 27th June 2016 at Camden Comedy Club, a stellar all female line up will grace the stage to stand up against domestic violence and abuse. There will also be raffle prizes with some amazing prizes to give away.
Sophie combines sharp observational material with a frequently off-the-wall approach. She has at least once been 'the funniest comic of the night' (Broadsheet Boutique) and was a finalist in the Fosters Golden Jesters comedy competition earlier this year.
Sarah is a British stand-up comedian based in London. Her set combines quirky tunes with sharp gags.
Sindhu is London based stand up comedian. She is most likely the tallest Indian woman you'll ever meet. It is rumoured that Sindhu practised the dark arts of investment banking before making her parents proud by becoming a stand-up.
Cally is a great new comedian who funny but heart warming stories of modern life will have you in tears.
Victoria is a comedian, singer and improviser with a dream to dream her life into a musical. She finds a song in any situation and is constantly singing show tunes, which is why her neighbors hate her. She is honored to be part of this night and believes that every woman has the right to have voice heard.
Desiree is a writer, performance artist, actress and comedian currently based in London. She is known for her full-length solo shows, "52 Man Pickup" and "Tar Baby" which have toured internationally. "Tar Baby" was awarded the Fringe First Award for new writing at the 2015 Edinburgh Festival Fringe. It was also shortlisted with High Commendation for the Amnesty International Freedom of Expression Award. Desiree plays Former Mayor Pamela Winchell on the hit podcast, “Welcome to Night Vale” and is the current winner of the UK's Funny Women Award for stand-up. She is also a New York Neo-Futurist, arts educator, storyteller and public speaker (TEDx, NerdCon: Stories). www.desireeburch.com
Hosted by Thanyia Moore
Thanyia is South London's Rudest Nice Girl Born and raised in South London, this entertainer (comedian, TV/Radio presenter, MC, Host) is known for her quick come backs, addictive stage persona and memorable punchlines.
These women are fierce, strong and above all else funny. What a better way to show the world that women do run the world. A great night out for a great cause.
|19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
100 Camden High Street NW1 0LU
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.