SE1 Comedy @ The Leather Exchange
- No reviews.
- The Leather Exchange
SE1 Comedy is a new monthly comedy night where established and newer comedians perform new material. It's hosted by Julian Hall, presenter of the Let's Kill Twitter show, and Cameron Blair, one of New Zealand's up-and-coming musical comedians.
It all takes place at the cosy and characterful pub The Leather Exchange, a short and direct walk from London Bridge underground and overground stations (Shard exit).
We run on the first Thursday of every month from 7.30pm.
The line-up for Thursday, October 7th is, in alphabetical order: Dana Alexander, Olaf Falafel and Faye Treacy.
Canadian born Dana Alexander has a firebrand comedic style, drawing on her diverse life experience and Jamaican family. Beginning her comedy career at 18, she soon toured nationally and performed at five comedy galas for Canadian TV. After moving to the UK, her Edinburgh Festival solo show received rave reviews and nominations for the Black Comedy Awards and two Chortle Awards. This led to TV appearances, including Russell Howard’s Good News (BBC Three), Edinburgh Comedy Fest Live (BBC Three) and The Culture Show (BBC Two).
A surrealist comedian, children’s book author/illustrator and current holder of the Funniest Joke of The Edinburgh Festival, Olaf Falafel’s stand up shows include his award nominated debut hour ‘Olaf Falafel and The Cheese Of Truth’, ‘The Marmosets Of My Mind’, ‘Knitting With Maracas’ and the award winning ‘There’s no i in idiot’. Olaf is the author and illustrator of several kids books including the flatulent ‘Old MacDonald Heard A Parp’ trilogy, ‘It’s One Giant Leek For Mankind’. Falafel has also enjoyed online fame with his short viral videos, including a croissant-coiffured talking Donald Trump puppet, slices of truth telling cheese being thrown onto newspapers and the Bee Gees hiding in his beard.
Faye Treacy is a comedian, presenter and musician. A resident trombonist for Chris Moyle’s Quiz Night on Channel 4, Faye played for The Selector, The Maccabees, Rod Stewart and many more. On the comedy scene, she won 'Best Newcomer' at the Musical Comedy Awards in 2015, kickstarting an international career across top venues. Her jokes have been picked out by the Evening Standard, the Mirror and The Daily Record, meanwhile Faye’s broadcast credits include presenting on Scala radio and appearances on Radio 4, Saturday Morning Kitchen, Great British Bake Off Extra Slice and This Morning.
SE1 Comedy @ The Leather Exchange, October 7th, 2021
|19:30 - 22:00||£6.00|
The Leather Exchange, 15 Leathermarket Street, London, SE1 3HN
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.