An exciting monthly night of stand-up brought to you by lovers of great comedy and featuring some of the funniest comedians around.
What an amazing show we have for you this month with the hilarious ALAN FRANCIS as our headliner with a super-awesome line-up including DAVE THOMPSON, and 5 other great acts! Our MC for the evening will be the brilliant KATIE MCLEOD. It's going to be a real night to remember.
Thursday October 27th. Doors open at 7.15 for a 7.30 start and we will be finished by 10.
This month’s headliner award-winning comedian and writer
Co-writer on Alistair McGowan's Big Impression, and a former winner of Channel 4's So You Think You're Funny competition. A master of acutely observed character monologues, combining the sinister and surreal with brilliant sardonic wit.
“Brazen, dark and clever” – The List
“Very, very funny” – The Herald
“Delightfully sour . . . excellently executed” - Evening Standard
“Sinister and surreal comic creations this side of The League of Gentlemen” - The Sunday Herald
Opening the show, we have the legendary comedian and former Teletubbie
Dave has performed his stand-up comedy act in forty-six countries. Known for his one-liners and absurd persona, Dave has written material for many other comics, including Harry Hill, Ronnie Corbett, Bruce Forsyth, Omid Djalili, and Stewart Lee. He's best-known for having been the actor in the Tinky Winky costume in the world famous TV show 'Teletubbies’.
Dave has done five feature films. In the last year he’s had speaking parts in a Hollywood feature film that will be released soon, two episodes of ’The Last Kingdom’ season five, on Netflix, and one episode of ‘The Continental’, an American drama series starring Mel Gibson and Ian McShane.
“Dave Thompson is very funny and unique.” Harry Hill.
“One of the best comedians on the comedy circuit.” Stewart Lee.
"Mad comic brilliance." Ben Elton.
“A complete gentleman.” Matt Lucas.
“The weirdest dude on the face of the earth”. (TIME OUT).
“One of the finest joke writers in the country”. (TIME OUT)
Also on the bill we have 4 great comics doing shorter sets.
We have the simply hilarious ANNIE BOYLE
Annie quickly gained recognition by exploding onto the scene as a RAW Comedy State finalist. She has performed to sold-out audiences at numerous festivals including the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Adelaide Fringe Festival. Most recently she was invited to join Sydney Comedy Festival’s prestigious FRESH program with her debut solo show “You’re Joking” which played at The Enmore Laneway. During the sold-out run she delighted audiences with her “immaculate and perfect timing”. As seen at the Sydney Comedy Festival Gala, The Comedy Store, or on tour with the Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase.
“one to watch” - ScotsGay
"it is worth spending your money just to see her deadpan delivery" - Adelaide Advertiser
We have the excellent MATTHEW HUTCHINSON
He's a doctor - this has made his parents very proud. He’s also a stand-up comedian - this has made his parents very confused.
Matt is an up-and-coming comic who is currently lighting up the best clubs in London, we are really pleased to have him on the show!
“An assured presence” – Chortle
“Safe hands” – Chortle, and some patients”
We are pleased to be joined by the exciting new act MARCUS AKO
He was recently a finalist at the KING GONG show at The Comedy Store, Marcus is a comedian, actor and writer, as well as a presenter on the YouTube channel “THE IDIOT ON THE COMEDY CIRCUIT” and the radio show “SHOOT THE BREEZE ON RESONANCE104.4FM”.
We have bearded xennial JULIUS HOWE!
Managing to combine the surreal with the mundane, to hilarious results, Julius has carved a niche as a distinctive and original alternative comedian.
"A true hit. Julius embodies the generational voice of so many" - North West End
"Julius has some of the best jokes I have ever heard" - Vince Maple, Leader of Medway Labour Group
Our MC for the night is the brilliant actor and comedian KATIE MCLEOD!
“sharp with plenty of humour” - Fringereview
All this for just £15 on the door with discounted £12 advance early bird tickets! What a great show! Any questions or for group bookings just email email@example.com
HOW TO GET HERE!
The White Hart, 22 Great Suffolk Street, London, SE1 0UG.
Located just by Southwark underground station, 5 minutes walk from Blackfriars station and 10 minutes from Waterloo.
By Tube Southwark is our nearest tube station, served by the Jubilee line. From the station, exit south on Blackfriars Rd/A201 towards The Cut, turn left onto Union St/B300, then turn left onto Great Suffolk St and walk 400 yards - you’ll spot the pub on your left.
Blackfriars is our closest mainline station (five minutes’ walk away), while Waterloo and London Bridge stations are also within easy reach (10 minutes).
Please note: although not common sometimes act line-ups are subject to change at very short notice.
Discounted early bird ticket
|19:15 - 22:00||£12.00|
The white Hart, 22 Great Suffolk Street, London, SE10UG
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.