NEW YEARS EVE EVE MASKED BALL: SOHO
- No reviews.
- Century Club
We invite you to see in the New Year a whole 24 hours early in Soho’s exclusive Century Club. Be the first to raise a glass of champagne to 2018 (before even those people on Christmas Island) amid four floors of bands, DJs and cabaret performers. A chance to get your revelling in while drinks are still at everyday prices and to pay a non-inflated cab fare home. Then on New Year’s Eve proper you can enjoy a quiet night in. Or come out and do it all over again.
The ball will start with free dance lessons with SWING PATROL who will make sure your New Year starts off with a swing.
THE GRAND BALLROOM
Our waltzmeister TROYLUS SEARLL will waft you down the Blue Danube to imperial Vienna, whirl you round the Riesenrad ferris wheel and the whisk you to the Hofburg Ballroom, conjuring up the elegance and grandeur of the traditional New Year's celebrations at the Hapsburg court with a selection of his waltzes, polkas and gallops.
And in the quizzical spirit of celebrating the new year one night early fate has dictated that we are not allowed to announce our main band but leave it as a PUZZLE. Here are some clues: this 7 piece brass band nurtures a talent for mixing brass with hip-hop in an infectious cocktail that infuses songs of old with raps of new.
And as 2017 lies gurgling softly to itself THE RUMPSTEPPERS - the maestros of vintage remix and ghetto funk - will take to the decks and stir up the dance floor with a resplendent concoction of Guilty Pleasures.
On the largest roof terrace in Soho, we'll introduce a singing and flinging, strutting and stripping, shocking and schlocking line-up of side show, erotica and burlesque nouveau, including:
ISOBEL MIDNIGHT - A burning belle, she will set the stage alight with a pyrotechnic fanfare for the new year.
CYNTH ICORN - Purely peverted international heavy rubber model and fetish fantasist will appear as the Saint of Soho.
ANNA THE HULAGAN - London's cult hula-hooping artist will mix fire with flow.
MARCELLA PUPPINI - the queen of retro and founder of the Puppini Sisters will take to the decks to mix a special audio cocktail to ring in the New Year.
DJ DIDDY WAH - the Rockabilly rascal and King of London's underground vintage scene.
THE GREAT GAME
As the inexorable transition from one year to another reminds us, we are but flotsam and jetsam on the roaring torrent of time. So take your place on our GIANT CHESS BOARD as pawn, knight or bishop and surrender your Will and Fate to our Golden Game Players, who will despatch you to death or glory in a Ruy Lopex, fianchetto or Queen's Gambit declined.
THE MENAGERIE AND OTHER INSTALLATIONS:
THE MENAGERIE - In many ancient cultures the skin-shedding snake was the symbol of change and re-birth. So what more appropriate animal could there be for you to stroke for good luck as we ring in the New Year? And what better place to find one than in TIM MAYNARD'S itinerant reptilian mini zoo, along with scorpions, lizards and tarantulas?
MORPHEUS'S MASSEUSES - Morpheus returns with his team of masseuses but this time they haved morphed into a UV fantastical family of Craniosacral therapists. Their touch will mot only bring about the healing of the mind, body and spirit but will leave you glowing.
SILENT DISCO - A concept that's swept through London's nightlife scene over the past decade that shows no sign of abating, A Curious Invitation will be turning the lights off and the headphones on this NYEE. And to make sure you hear your last song of the year SNOW BUNNY will be on jukebox duty taking in special requests for the ultimate bespoke see off to 2017.
And our GOLDEN SERVERS will be on hand to help you toast the ultimate embrace of the new year with a mouth full of scrumptious cream and a decadent cube of cocoa butter, cognac and saffron.
|Super early bird ticket||21:00 - 03:00||£12.00|
|Advance - Friends and family discount||-||£12.00|
61 - 63 Shaftesbury Avenue W1D 6LQ
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.