What the Dickens?
- No reviews.
- The Counting house
*EVENT TAKES PLACE OUTSIDE AND WILL ADHERE TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES ON COVID SAFETY*
Looking for something to do in that awkward bit between Christmas and New year?
Why not join Peculiar London for a fabulous immersive theatre walking tour exploring the streets that inspired Dickens to write his most famous novel 'A Christmas Carol'.
The year is 1843 and Charles Dickens is in a bit of a pickle, his wife is pregnant for the 5th time, his latest novel Martin Chuzzlewit has flopped and he needs money fast.
His publisher suggest that if he's quick he could get something out in time for Christmas, but what should he write about? he takes to the streets of Bank for inspiration...
Inspired by the real life circumstances in which Dickens created 'A Christmas Carol' join us we venture down the winding alleys of London's financial capital, learn some fascinating facts about the background novel including the landmarks that are mentioned by name and the real life character that 'Scrooge' was based on.
We will be helping you get into the Christmas spirit with a free tipple courtesy of our friends at Scared Distillery,
And we may call in at a pub or two depending on the circumstances
Approx run time 2.5 hours with pubs 90 mins without
Finishes at Leadenhall market approx 10 minute walk from Bank station
|What the Dickens||19:00 - 21:30||£20.00|
The Counting house, 50, Cornhill, London, EC3 3PD
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.