Cabaret/Burlesque, Live Music, Pop-Up, Theatre/Arts
Come on down to the Bayou y'all!
Bryan Batt of Mad Men and 12 Years A Slave stardom has a very special show for the good people of London this September, presenting his intimate cabaret performance, "Tales from New Orleans"!
The cabaret show was born in the wake of hurricane Katrina when Bryan put together a one-man ensemble to raise support funds. Since then it has grown into an all-singing homage to New Orleans. Lauded by the press from Broadway to Melbourne, let yourself be swept off to New Orleans for the evening as Bryan takes to the stage with a microphone and a piano to regale the audience with stories and songs from his hometown. As part of our Bayou Banquet pop-up this is a unique and authentic window into Louisiana flair from a true New Orleans native, famous not least for heading up the city's Mardi Gras carnival float parade.
We are so proud to be flying Bryan across the Atlantic for the privilege and the venue couldn't be more perfect - an atmospheric nook buried underground beneath Waterloo station in the famous victorian railway arches of The Vaults. Come along to Slap Ya Papa's red-lit world, unwind with some of our notorious Crescent City cocktails and let Bryan lead the way to Louisiana!
As they say in Nola, "Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler".
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
Bryan Batt can sing and is funny at times, but overall it's self-indulgent twaddle.
The location is definitely different and feels a bit edgy and student like, definitely not glamorous,
visited The Vaults on 22 Sep 2015
A really great night, I didn't really know what to expect but it exceeded anything we could have imagined. We came because we loved him on MM but have left loving him as a funny storyteller and great performer. Funny, witty and silly chats and songs. Brilliant night
visited The Vaults on 21 Sep 2015
23 Sep 2015 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: