Beginner Burlesque Class
- 2 schwarz wharf
Welcome to BAW Burlesque!!!
aka... BadAss Women of Burlesque
Do you want to be body positive, accepted and in a judgement free zone? Do you wanna just grab your heels and dance your heart out?
Our burlesque dance class has been specifically designed for all women who want to feel sexy, comfortable in their own skin but also getting that dreaded workout in.
This class is perfect for anyone whose goal is to unleash their inner power and conquer their most confident and empowered self, but don't know where to begin.
Burlesque is a female-led, body positive dance movement that welcomes everyone no matter of gender, age, size, ethnicity or race, sexuality.
At BAW Burlesque we accept and celebrate our differences. We empower and welcome the new and the different. It doesn't matter who you are, only that you bring that sAss to the class!
We've created a safe space for all women to come and explore their sensuality. At our class, we will be slowing down, dimming the lights (if we can!), putting on our sexy clothes (if you want to). We are taking things down on the floor and working out some body rolls, heel strutting and booty drops (our faves)!
Warm up - Dynamic stretching and flexibility exercises
Main Dancing Training (heels are optional!!) - Training can include learning a routine, learning new moves, feeling confident, practising basic burlesque techniques, experimenting with props, chair dancing and so much more
Cool Down - Slow Down and Relax
- Heels (optional)
Any of the following is recommended for this class:
-Kneepads, over the knee socks or leggings.
* Please bring a bottle of water and a towel, wear comfortable clothing and have a pair of heels ready, if you wish to take it to the next level!
Any Covid rules/restrictions?
We currently only operate classes up to 10 people including the teacher to allow for physical space and social distancing.
What if I can't dance?
This class is aimed at a beginners level, but anyone is welcome to join. We want to build your confidence and glow, not to train aspiring professional dancers.
Do I have to wear heels?
For the main workout just wear whatever you feel comfortable learning dance moves and moving around in. We do encourage everyone to bring a pair of heels and give it a try, but of course it is not compulsory.
What type of heels should I wear?
We don't want this to be a painful experience, so please wear something you can be comfortable in. If in doubt, check out our IGTV video on our instagram page for heels recommendations from our teacher (@bawburlesque).
Do I need to wear gym clothes?
Gym clothing or similar is recommended, something you don't mind getting hot and sweaty in.
Will there be water breaks?
Feel free to stop whenever you feel thirsty and drink some water.
Can I bring my friend ?
YES!! Our aim is to create a safe space for all women to unleash their power without any judgement. They need to make sure they grab their ticket!
Is there an age restriction to your classes?
Yes, 18 over only!
Please Note: Parts of the classes will be filmed with your consent and footage is used for promotional purposes only.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!!! Stay awesome :)
|General Admission||15:30 - 17:00||£13.00|
2 schwarz wharf, 92, White Post Ln, London, E9 5EN
Hackney Wick (Rail)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.