- The Coach and Horses
CHILLS, THRILLS, GHOSTS, AND TOASTS
After a blisteringly successful sell-out run last year, we've dusted off the costumes, gaffa taped the broken props and resurrected Dusty Sally. This Halloween we ride again through the streets of Stoke Newington!
An unforgettable evening of spooky fun through the streets of Sinister Stoke Newington (and some of its finest ale houses!)
As dusk falls, muster your courage at The Coach and Horses Inn, where the Mysterious Ghost Master and his Minions will meet you and take you on a journey to uncover the dark, the unusual, and the downright macabre stories of this strange little corner of London.
We will wander through Elizabethan graveyards, totter down dark Victorian passages and creep through forgotten backstreets. Along the way, we shall stumble heroically into public houses and linger there a while to regain our composure! Maybe even share your own ghostly encounters with a fellow traveler over a jar of something warming.
Guard yourself against Abney's Hangman, hide from the fingers Edgar Allen Poe, drink with Dusty Sally, and raise a toast to the Morbid Entity that lies deep beneath a car park.
This isn't just any old run-of-the-mill Ghost tour. No Ma'am! This is GHOST NEWINGTON. Stoke Newington's premier ghost walk! (We can call it that because, to our knowledge, it's the only one). So grab some friends, don your finest capes, slap on some plastic vampire fangs, book some tickets and get yourself there!
We'll take care of the rest.
NEED BRAVERY FUEL BEFORE YOU START?
PATRONS OF GHOST NEWINGTON CAN NAB THEMSELVES A BURGER, BEER AND A SHOT FOR A CRISP £10 AT THE COACH AND HORSES BEFORE WE VENTURE OUT! SHOW THEM YOUR E-TICKET AND ENJOY!
YOU CAN ALSO GET 10% OFF FOOD AND DRINK AT THE RED LION PUB ON OUR JOURNEY
Genuine reviews. Lovely people who actually bought tickets. Not just our mates review bombing.
"This ghost tour was the best I’ve ever been on!"
"Incredible production values, incredibly researched and brilliantly written & performed."
"What a different and great way to embrace and enjoy Halloween!
"Did it with my housemates and we couldn't have enjoyed more."
"Unforgettable. An immersive experience, jump scares and impeccable sense of humour."
"Haven't stopped talking about this!"
"What a night! Beautifully written, the Ghostmaster was captivating, excellent spooky fun!"
The Age: 18+ Ghost Newington is for the young at heart, not the literal young. There will be pubs, drinks, scares, the occasional bawdy joke, and possibly a touch of gore which, we're sure you'll agree, would be a little too much for innocent youths.
The Route: You will be led from The Coach and Horses through the riddling alleys and streets of Stoke Newington. Approximate distance 1.3km
The Pubs: The Coach and Horses, The Red Lion, The Rose And Crown.
The Time: We set off at 6:30 pm so feel free to grab a drink (and burger) in the Coach and Horses beforehand and we will come in and fish you out. The running time is approximately 2.5 hours (including pub stops).
The Dress Code: Fancy dress isn't compulsory but you might just earn yourself a prize from the Ghost Master if he deems you've made a valiant effort! Prepare for all eventualities. We go whatever the weather!
The Access: The route and pubs are wheelchair accessible.
The Libations: You are more than welcome to bring your own drinking supplies for the journey. (As long as you don't drink them in the pubs) You will receive a free shot from us to toast the spirits. Note that we don't buy the rounds for you in the pubs though (unless you buy one for us!)
The Disclaimer: This is not a historic walk, it's a joyously creepy exploration of some of the myths, legends, and tales surrounding the area. We also may or may not have some jump scares along the way. Sure, you'll get some cracking factual content, but we reserve the right to take creative liberties in the name of entertainment and mischief.
FABLE FEAST - Immersive theatre-makers who specialise in telling unique stories in unusual spaces. Based in Stoke Newington, they are the Creative Team behind the sell-out show 'Macabre' and the creators of 'Ambisonic Adventures'- immersive audio experiences in some of the UK's most exciting and unusual historic spaces.
COVEN OF CREEPS - A design company that specialises in props, set, lighting and costume for stories with a darker edge.
SOME OF OUR MATES - A rag-tag bunch of Halloween-loving cronies.
The Website: www.fablefeast.com
The Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Standard Ghoul||18:30 - 21:00||£20.00|
The Coach and Horses, 178, Stoke Newington High St, London, N16 7JL
Dalston Kingsland (Rail)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.