I write quick, easy-to-read reviews of the UK's best nightlife hotspots. Wondering whether to go? Check my snapshots out first!
I normally head to the Shoreditch Grind on my way to work to pick up my morning cappuccino and croissant so I was intrigued to head down on my way back home, for cocktails and fun. By night Shoreditch grind shake it up with their cocktail bar. Venue and Ambience By night, The Shoreditch Grind... Read more >
Mamounia is a slice of Moroccan paradise in Knightsbridge; the North African delights beautifully swirled together to form a pleasant Friday evening with romantic undertones. The Venue Only a few minutes walk from Harrods we arrived at Mamounia instantly greeted by a... Read more >
The Venue Be at One in Shoreditch is certainly a case of appearances being deceptive. The bright cheery yet small entrance suggests watered down cocktails and a bland bar offering. My friend and I were pleasantly surprised to find a buzzing bar very much in-keeping with the local Shoreditch vibe... Read more >
Love and liquor isn’t always a good combination, as songs like Dead Kennedy’s “Too drunk to f***” can tell you. But in the case of this cool nightclub in Kilburn, the only negative side effects were spells of lightheaded euphoria on the dance floor and a sudden eruption of... Read more >
I wasn’t enthralled at the opportunity to review a gastro pub on a blowy Wednesday winter night, especially as The Hampshire Hog happened to be in between Hammersmith and Ravenscourt Park: I’m a West London boy but I normally stop at Notting Hill. However, sandwiched between the... Read more >
Many would rather block out their daily commute through Waterloo station than visit a pub there, so I must admit when I first heard about Corney & Barrows newest venture, I was a little apprehensive. However with a strong reputation as well as two great bars already to the groups name,... Read more >
As an Old Town resident, the opening of The Jam Tree Clapham was firmly on my radar. Located in a stunning town house with big airy windows that open up and out onto the street, a secluded secret garden and plenty of creative space inside, it soon became clear that this is one of the best spaces... Read more >
The Old Bengal Bar is a beautifully designed lounge bar with a terrace, divine cocktails and remarkable history. If the brick walls could talk in this stunning converted warehouse they would tell vivid tales about the East India Company in 1771, who used to store goods in the premises. The... Read more >
Reality cant reach you at The Shoreditch once youre under its spell; the charming décor, lavish cocktails, catchy music and hypnotic disco balls provided a great Saturday night out and well be back again soon. The Ground Floor It takes a while before you notice the grin... Read more >
Décor and Vibe Mismatched furnishes, gilt mirrors and crates of champagne bottles create a feeling of the French countryside, a calm and intimate oasis just off Covent Garden. The best table has a view of the cheese selection on one side and the Champagne for sale on the other. It’s a... Read more >
Articles by month
- All Star Lanes Holborn - London Restaurant Bar Review
- The Astronomer - London Pub Review
- Ray's Bars serves up a 3 course liquid dinner in new Dalston digs
- Absurd Bird Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Oslo Hackney - London Brunch Review
- The Camden Cabaret Club and House of Burlesque put on the ultimate Halloween show
- Quaglino's - London Restaurant Review
- Michelin-Starred chef to open Victorian grocery shop-style restaurant and deli in the City
- Get beating away in the kitchen with a semen cooking class
- The Simmons empire continues to grow, opening a new bar in London's Temple area
- All Star Lanes Brick Lane - London Restaurant Bar Review
- Organic, sustainable and ethically sourced eatery coming to the City.
- Cinnamon Group unveils plans for casual all-day dining in Covent Garden
- Backyard Cinema - London Pop-Up Review
- Legendary Neapolitan pizzeria opens restaurant in London's Stoke Newington
- Cute, kitsch and quirky bar Every Cloud brings a silver lining to Hackney bar scene.
- Savse Winter Wellness Weekend - London Event Review
- Goodman Group replaces Finsbury Park favourite with late-night bar
- Swift hopes to transform London's drinking habits with fast-paced cocktail concept
- Kurobuta King's Road - London Restaurant Review
- Popdown by Cuisson - London Pop-Up Review
- The Diner, The Strand - London Restaurant Review
- You can now chip and dip at the crisp restaurant in Soho
- Clove Club group announce new ‘Britalian’ restaurant in Clerkenwell
- Masked by a few old coats, a Narnia-themed supper club arrives in North London this January
- 5 Fancy Dress New Year's Eve Parties in London
- East London is getting a rooftop, curling pop-up this Winter
- The Jazz Cafe - London Restaurant Review
- Modern Japanese izakaya restaurant launches in Mayfair
- Dirty Bones Shoreditch - London Restaurant Review
- The quirky character of Simmons set to arrive in Camden (VENUE BUILD ON HOLD)
- Carve Your Own Pumpkins in London This Halloween with Our Top Picks
- Suvlaki Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Joe's Southern Table & Bar - London Restaurant Review
- London tops the list at The World's 50 Best Bars 2016 Awards
- There's a new pizza burger in London. Yes, yes there is.
- Former director of L'Atelier des Chefs serves South London succulent steaks at affordable prices
- Buddha Bar - London Restaurant Review
- The Long Bar at Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- The Diner Covent Garden - London Restaurant Review
- Poultry and '60s cocktails are the name of the game for The Holy Birds in Shoreditch
- Comedy Carnival Clapham - London Event Review
- The Restaurant at Sanderson - London Restaurant Review
- Dine like a demogorgon: There's a new Stranger Things Menu at Lucky Chip
- Boxpark is opening in Croydon with more than 30 food stalls.
- Steak restaurant announces sixth site in Borough
- Wright Brothers Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- London's first ever tigella restaurant opens on New Oxford Street.
- Yoga with a View - London Event Review
- The Diner Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Dare to bare at London’s naked nightclub in Soho
- VQ Notting Hill - London Restaurant Review
- Belpassi Bros Tooting - London Restaurant Review
- Peruvian superfood and Pisco Sours come to Fitrovia corner-plot
- Blind Spot at St. Martin's Lane - London Bar Review
- Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Brunch We Go - London Event Review
- London's first pink pizza from Zia Lucia celebrates charity and experimentation
- Cocktail bigwig Oskar Kinberg to open his own Shoreditch bar.
- New Winter pop-up? Pergola On The Roof returns with a Nordic Forest theme
- The elegant Jamavar brand expands across borders, opening in London's Mayfair
- 5 Pretty Restaurants for Autumn in London
- Marco Pierre White Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Could Emilia's be London's hottest new pasta restaurant?
- The Brackenbury - London Restaurant Review
- The Den at St Martin's Lane - London Afternoon Tea Review
- Lobos secures second tapas restaurant in heralded Frith Street
- Grand old Islington pub restored with a modern twist.
- Levantine pop-up announces permanent site in South Kensington
- Chef David Muñoz brings his Michelin stars to London, opening Street XO in Mayfair
- Small plates with all the flavours of Italy are dish of the day at Popolo.
- 5 NYE Parties in London for Early Birds
- Tootoomoo Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Anchors Up as the London Shell Co. opens a floating restaurant on Regent's Canal
- Purple Bar Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- Pared-back and low-key cocktails are in store for Dalston at Three Sheets.
- BRGR.Co Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Fish your dish? Celebrate Seafood Week with 5 great seafood restaurants in London.
- London's Grind franchise gets set for a new bar opening in Clerkenwell
- Would you pay £1000 for 100 dinner courses?
- Fine wine & delicious French treats meet at Cabotte in Bank
- New Delis Clerkenwell - London Restaurant Review
- Corazon appears on the horizon, moving into Soho's Poland Street
- All Star Lanes Bayswater - London Bowling Bar Review
- A new vegetable-geared restaurant in London that Popeye could be proud of
- BBQ specialists launch first permanent site with a ‘grown-up’ menu
- Peckham's pizza scene gets another name added to its repertoire
- The Bat and Ball - London Bar Review
- Walkers of Whitehall - London Restaurant Review
- The Game's Afoot - London Event Review
- Perilla couples fine cuisine with casual dining in Newington Green
- London's biggest brunch players get a new all-day restaurant at the Metal Box Factory
- The Victorian Bath House - London Bar Review
- Rosa's Thai Cafe Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- Join the French Resistance with Shh! Mamam Le Mot, an immersive supper club
- 6 great restaurants for meat eaters in London
- All Star Lanes Stratford - London Bowling Bar Review
- Renowned restaurant Smokehouse opens little sister in the city.
- Steak is here to stay at Bar + Block in King's Cross
- Panzo pizzeria arrives in the ever-expanding Exmouth Market
- Asia De Cuba - London Bottomless Brunch Review