Bare those pointy gnashers, the carnivore in you is about to get some serious satisfaction. The pop-up masters of meat at HotBox have found a permanent den to smoke up some beefy specials all year round in the biggest smoke of them all, London. Herding in some drippingly juicy meaty pleasures, HotBox…
Hotbox & Chai Ki Host - Chilli Feast
- No reviews.
This autumn, Hotbox will join forces with Chai Ki to host some of London’s finest spice enthusiasts for a feast celebrating the mighty chilli. On the 26th of September, five chefs will take to the Hotbox kitchen, each bringing to the table a dish specially created for heat seekers.
Taking to the stoves will be Billy and Jack of Masterchef fame, and chefs in residence at H.en, Islington’s ethical chicken restaurant, with their ‘Ultimate Chilli Chicken Burger’, alongside fellow Masterchef alumni Tim Anderson of Brixton’s Nanban. Tim’s signature offering of Japanese soul food will be ramping up the heat with ‘Ten Chilli Prawns’, made with, you guessed it, ten varieties of chilli including Scotch Bonnet-miso romanseco. Founder of Chai Ki in Canary Wharf and co-host for the evening, Rohit Chugh will be packing a punch with Himalayan baby back ribs, laced with fermented chilli rub and pineapple, whilst Hotbox, on home turf, will do what they do best with Smoked Short Rib on Blue Corn Taco with Chipotle aioli, Jalapeno Salsa, Fermented Red Chilli Oil and Pickled Scotch Bonnet Peppers, and an assortment of sides, which will include Pickled Jalepeno Slaw and Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Aoili. Rounding off the line-up, Rachel Jones of Capish? at Mason & Company will be putting a spin on her Italian American classics with Zeppole topped with creme pâtissière and Calabrian chilli sugar for dessert.
Tickets for the Chilli Feast will be £45 per person and include all food for the evening, a pre-dinner cocktail in 46 & Mercy, located beneath HotBox, and a glass of wine to accompany the feast. To help you cool off for the rest of the night there will be wine, craft beer and bourbon cocktails ready for you to raise a toast to the spice.
Chai Ki founder, Rohit Chugh says, ‘Chilli is such a wonderful and addictive ingredient that is used in so many different cuisines. Our Chilli Night is a celebration of the complex, varied, often subtle and always exhilarating flavours of chilli’
'I’m really excited about celebrating chilli with so many talents in the kitchen, everyone will bring something different to the table and showcase the diverse ways chilli can be used' Says Hotbox Founder, Basit Nasim.
46 – 48 Commercial Street, London, E1 6LT | 020 7247 1817
www.hotboxlondon.com | @HotBoxLDN
Chilli Feast Ticket
Tickets include A Cocktail in Hotbox's basement bar 46 & Mercy on arrival followed by Five Chilli inspired dishes & a selection of sides. Also includes a glass of wine.
|19:00 - 22:00||£45.00|
46 Commercial Street, E1 6LT
Aldgate East (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.