Tasty drinks, delicious British inspired food & a training kitchen which helps the homeless develop skills and motivation to find employment through an apprenticeship program. If you are looking a unique venue, look no further - Brigade has something for all. With an all-day food and drinks offer…
The Beyond Food Supper Club
- No reviews.
- The Brigade
The Beyond Food Supper Club is a gourmet supper club with a social purpose. We have invited extraordinary chef Ping Coombes to cook an amazing 4 course meal with our apprentices. The Beyond Food Supper Club is:
- A unique opportunity for our previously homeless apprentices to learn many new skills from the talented chefs that we invite to our Supper Clubs
- All of the profits go directly to the charity which helps us continue with our mission
- Brigade trains people affected by homelessness to work in hospitality and catering and has employed over 150 people as apprentices
At the Beyond Food Supper Club we can cater for all dietary requirements and need a minimum of 72 hours notice prior to the event.
Chilli bean roasted aubergines, labneh, crispy tofu skin
Torched mackerel, 'rojak', Iberico pork
Wood roasted rare rump, fermented chilli bean, lime and lemongrass dressing, rice noodles, sweetbread spring rolls, crispy Thai basil and peanuts
Golden Milk Poach Pear, Marsala cream, almonds and honey granola
Ping Coombes won MasterChef 2014, stunning the judges with food inspired by her Malaysian heritage.
Born and raised in the town of Ipoh in Malaysia, which is famous for its pomelo fruit, chicken noodles and Ipoh white coffee, Ping grew up with amazing food around her and was inspired by her mother’s cookery. She began to inherit traditional skills, starting with the basics - how to hold the ‘wok chan’ (the ladle). Perhaps most inspiring to Ping was her mother’s way of showing love and passion through cooking, something which is hugely important in Ping’s
food ethos. Having lived in the UK and travelled around Europe, she draws inspiration from her heritage but delivers her food with modern twists adapting to ingredients that can be found locally.
This was apparent during MasterChef when she continued to wow the judges round after round with her take on Malaysian food delivered with modern adaptation, and since being crowned winner Ping has become a Malaysia Kitchen Ambassador, promoting Malaysian food around the UK and abroad. She was involved in the first MasterChef Pop Up in the UK that was sold out in record-breaking time. She has given talks about Malaysian food at the World Economic Forum in Davos and travels frequently to cook in various countries around the world. Her latest project will see her dishes featured in a brand new restaurant in Dubai.
Ping is the Executive Chef to Ping Pan Asian, an eatery and deli in Selfridges London as well teaching cookery classes at her Masak Club in Wiltshire. Her Malaysian pop up Makan Club in Bath is always sold out due to popularity.
Her recipes are frequently featured on the BBC Food website, various big food magazines and newspapers include Delicious, BBC Good Food Magazine, Olive Magazine, Good Things Magazine, The independent, Observer, Hello Magazine and OK Magazine to name a few.
Ping appeared in The Good Food Channel’s John Torode’s Malaysian Adventure broadcasted in 2016 and appears as guest chef on popular daytime talk shows such as ITV This Morning and Sunday Brunch. She launched her YouTube channel ‘in the kitchen with Ping Coombes’ showcasing simple and delicious recipes.
She is also frequent fixture at some prominent food festivals in the UK including Taste of London, Pub in the Park and BBC Good Food Show. Her chef demonstrations are always very engaging and draw a large crowd.
Ping’s first book MALAYSIA has topped the Best Seller list on Amazon and regularly features in the movers and shakers list. It is in its 3rd reprint due to popular demand. MALAYSIA is also published in America and has been translated into Dutch. MALAYSIA won the Asia category in the Gourmand World Cookbook Award. Ping is also a contributor to three other MasterChef Cookbooks, MasterChef Streetfood and MasterChef Kitchen Bible and MasterChef The Classics with a Twist.
Facebook: Ping Coombes MasterChef Champion
Welcome drink on arrival | 4 Course Menu
|19:00 - 22:00||£45.00|
139, Tooley Street, SE1 2HZ
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.