The Red Lion in Leytonstone is a place for everyone; they have 10 hand pumps and 5 guest kegs for the ale and craft beer connoisseurs, and the decor is chic enough for a date, or just for relaxing with friends. Their garden is HUGE, everyone hangouts on the picnic tables when the sunshine comes out,or…
Le Lion Rouge - 23rd February
LE LION ROUGE
Cabaret Monkey’s Not My Circus are back! This time, gracing our stage and Ballroom on a saturday night. Expect an evening of burlesque, circus and vaudeville variety, followed by dancing into the night with A DJ.
Following the HUGE success of 2018’s Le Lion Rouge Cabaret Nights, Not My Circus presents a fusion of provocative Parisian cabaret and classic East End music hall. C’est magnifique!
Hosted by Joe Morose and starring Ruby Deshabille, Delores Deluxe, Jilian, Virgin Xtravaganzah and Anna the Hulagan.
Limited to just 100 tickets.
Delores Deluxe started out her cabaret career under a railway arch in Bermondsey in 2005 in the original line up of The Kitten Club.
She is an established performer, programmer and producer on the London burlesque and cabaret scene as well as a founder and leader of one of London’s first troupes, The Kitten Club Cabaret.
Having a 10 year background in classical acting and musical theatre, she was delighted to stumble into the emerging burlesque scene in London in 2005 and to put her skills to an exciting new use.
Delores is also now enjoying working as a compere and magician on the cabaret and variety circuit with her comedy magic tricks.
By day, Jillian is the creative entertainment director at The Hippodrome Casino and is currently in the midst of the glory of her latest acquisition, Magic Mike Live. Away from work, Jillian / Delores is mainly interested in wine, snacks and all of the cats.
Virgin Xtravaganzah is an international performer and MC- Iceland, Hong Kong, Netherlands, and throughout Europe. She has brought her shows to The Underbelly Festival, Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club, and The Royal Vauxhall Tavern. She curates and hosts her semi regular Xtravaganzah variety shows at The Royal Vauxhall Tavern. She also regularly comperes for Torture Garden.
Virgin has been interviewed in Victoria Coren Mitchell’s ‘How to Be a Bohemian’ for BBC4 (2015), ‘Battle of Soho’ by Aro Koral, and ‘The Sense of Beauty’ for Rai (Italy, 2017). She is a Virgin on a mission, and she is out to make the world #StrutWithChrist!
Anna the Hulagan is an award-winning London-based, one-hoop fire and LED wonder. Featured on Sunday Brunch, Dragon’s Den, Alan Titchmarsh Show and Got To Dance. “London’s cult hula hooping artiste” The Times
|General Admission||20:00 - 00:00||£15.00|
The Red Lion, 640 High Road, E11 3AA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.