Taproom, locatedon Islington's vibrant Upper Street, is a pub serving the best of London and the World's real ales and craft beers. Taproom started off as a London pop-up but due to serious demand and popularity, will remain a permanent member of the Islington Pub family. There is an impressively large…
Comedy Auction is a gameshow. A competition. An auction.
(BY the producers of award-winning & critically-acclaimed show, This Is Your Trial.)
Including acts Ben Van Der Velde, Helen Duff, Tony Law, Rachel Creeger, Thom Tuck and Ian Smith
What is anything really worth? What is the value of anything?
With your help, this is what we will discover.
How it works:
- · Comedians are ‘experts’, providing their unique knowledge of Lots* being sold** at auction.
- · Audience members are ‘bidders’ with 250 Auction Dollars each, they can use to bid with if persuaded.
*Curiosities/Things/Bits/Bobs. **Once bid meets reserve.
- · Each Lot has a reserve price*** hidden from both experts and bidders.
***Indisputable minimum value.
- · The Expert who sells their Lots for best total value**** wins their fee.
****relative to total reserve prices and ADs spent.
Successful bidders can take home the Lot they won!
Some of the Lots sold in previous shows include; 20yr old Yak jerky, a knitted willy-warmer, a kazoo, an egg-cuber, Europe's smallest cheese-grater and Tony Law's interpretation of the Mona Lisa.
See what Tony told the British Comedy Guide about the show here.
See a catalogue for a previous show here.
Buy your £7 tickets to reserve a seat and receive 250 free Auction Dollars (worth £10).
ADULT Entry to show plus 250 Auction Dollars
|15:00 - 17:00||£7.00|
CHILD Entry to show plus 250 Auction Dollars
|15:00 - 17:00||£5.00|
FAMILY of FOUR bidders
FAMILY Entry to show plus 4x 250 Auction Dollars
|15:00 - 17:00||£20.00|
163, Upper Street, N1 1RE
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.