Best Event 2014/15 - DesignMyNight Awards London is full of 'secret' bars and clubs masquerading as speakeasies. However, you won't get closer to a real jazz age experience than with The Candlelight Club. So secret it is; that you won't even be told the directions to the venue until a few days before…
A clandestine pop-up party with a 1920s speakeasy flavour, in a secret London venue completely lit by candles. Each event offers a one-off cocktail menu with special themes, plus live period jazz bands and vintage vinylism. Guests are encouraged to dress in 1920s outfits. Ticket holders get an email two days before revealing the location.
This time we honour the Italian American connection. Italy's role in helping subvert Prohibition is undisputed: many of the mobsters who vied to control the flow of illicit drink, such as Al Capone, Lucky Luciano and Salvatore Maranzano, came from Italy to make their fortunes in America. Speakeasies across the country depended on these organisations for the vital supply of liquor.
The flow of immigrants to America introduced Italy's wines, spirits and liqueurs—many classic drinks, such as the Manhattan and the Martini, would not exist without Italian vermouth. We've partnered with classic aperitivo Aperol, the heart of the Venetian classic drink the Spritz, to bring you an evening of flapper fashions, Italian food and cocktails and gangster jazz (the first ever jazz record was made by an Italian American) with live music from the Shirt Tail Stompers and vintage vinyl spun by Swingin’ Dickie.
WIN A TRIP TO VENICE!
Think you can cut a Jazz Age dash? Are you a master of La Bella Figura—knowing how to do everything stylishly? Thanks to Aperol we'll be giving away a pair of tickets at the event for two nights in Venice, including flights and hotel, as a prize for the best dressed guests!
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.