A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Adept with seating and catching the summer and winter sun just right, the Brunel Museum Rooftop Garden is not only primed for warm afternoons and eveningsin…
UNDERGROUND SILENT FILM NIGHT
FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY experience silent film with LIVE music in one of the most unique events of the year!
Join us in Brunel's underground Grand Entrance Hall built in 1843 for a special screening of the British Thriller 'UNDERGROUND' (1926) with live piano score by Tom Marlow of The Lucky Dog Picturehouse.
"Silent Film has no finer custodians" Nicholas Barber, BBC Culture Critic
"They have the rare ability to delight both expert audiences and children seeing silent films for the first time" Jonathan Wakeham , London Comedy Film Festival (LOCO)
"The Lucky Dog Picturehouse mix a lip-snaking cocktail of classic silent movies and zesty new live music, garnished by their own delight in entertaining an audience" BBC Culture
Anthony Asquith’s subterranean tale of love, jealousy and murder evokes the life of the ordinary Londoner with its scenes of the bustling underground and the capital’s parks, double-decker buses, pubs and shabby bedsits. See what life was like in our capital more than 90 years ago!
Feel free to dress to impress in this 1920s event -best outfit wins two tickets to one of our future events!
Cocktails served courtesy of the award-winning Midnight Apothecary from 6.30pm in the beautiful roof terrace.
Doors at 7pm, Screening at 7.30pm with 1920s DJ after till 10:30pm
The Lucky Dog Picturehouse is dedicated to recreating the original cinema experience; bringing together silent films and live, era specific music. They have performed at BFI Southbank, London Comedy Film Festival, London Transport Museum, Wilton's Music Hall, Stanton Calling and numerous other venues across the UK.
Please note: We try our best to make sure that our events are accessible to everyone, but due to this being a underground victorian listed building it is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible. do contact us if you have been affected by this and we will let you know about accessible events in the area.
This performance includes an interval of 25 minutes.
|Adult ticket||19:00 - 22:30||£13.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.