First opened in 1930, Queens Ice and Bowl has been providing year-round ice skating and entertainment to Londoners for decades. Now the much-loved venue is undergoing a refurbishment and being rebranded as Queens: Skate-Dine-Bowl. Now featuring MEATliquor at the heart of QUEENS serving their rock?n…
Penguin Awareness Day @ Queens
QUEENS Skate Dine Bowl is offering the ultimate winter treat as five Humboldt penguins waddle into their ice-rink for the afternoon of Saturday 19th January, in honour of Penguin Awareness Day 2019. Forget Dancing on Ice, it’s the turn of the penguins to steal the show as they make this iconic London venue home for the afternoon.
Raising money for BirdLife International, guests will be able to meet the five penguins & their expert handlers on QUEENS’ ledgendary ice rink, for one day only. Choose to skate up to say ‘hello’, or just stroll around and hang with the flock by the rink-side. Our favourite feathery friends are about to bring a new sense of love & life to the heart of wintery London. Offering a rare opportunity to learn about & celebrate an adored but endangered animal, this is the perfect chance to beat those January blues for a good cause, with all profits going to BirdLife International (donations welcomed too).
Notes to Editors
A purpose built pen will be installed on the ice rink, with an insulated floor for the comfort the penguins. A hip-height barrier will also be added for safety.
Saturday 19th January, penguins on show from 4pm till 8pm
On foot viewing from rink-side priced at £5 (all profits to BirdLife International)
Ice Skating & viewing priced from £11, skate hire £2.50
QUEENS is adults only after 7pm daily. BirdLife International: https://penguin.birdlife.org/gb/ Charity Number 1042125 Tickets: www.queens.london/penguin
17 Queensway, Bayswater, W2 4QP
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.