The Moth Club has been a haven for ex-forces personnel since 1972, and now it’s getting down with the general public, armed with an eclectic schedule of events. You’ll find this versatile little number on Vallette Street, just a stone’s throw from Hackney Central. The venue features a dance hall…
Hooray Cabaret: Bleeding Love
Put on your big pants and warn your loved ones that you're gonna get shouty. For this month, the nasty women (and men) of the world unite to celebrate BLEEDING LOVE.
On 16th February, we will be trampling over Valentine's nonsense to bring the love to where it's really needed: our fellow human beings.
Join us for a night of comedy and burlesque in support of THE PERIOD DRAMA, who work to provide women in difficult financial situations with sanitary products. Because no woman should ever have to choose between going hungry or their dignity.
Bring along some tampons, panty liners or any reusable sanitary items to donate to THE PERIOD DRAMA, get in for £8 AND support a bloody good cause!
Heading up our BLEEDING LOVE bill this month is he "riotous, raucous, dirty and intelligent" LUISA OMIELAN, "one of the biggest stand up hits of the decade" (The Guardian) and undisputed queen of the "thigh gap" (just Google it).
Joining Luisa we have star of Live from The Apollo and host of his own stand-up show on Viceland JAMALI MADDIX, critically acclaimed character comedian ALI BRICE and Jewish Comedian of the Year finalist JOE JACOBS.
Our line-up of bleeding lovers is completed by award-winning neo-burlesquer PEARL GREY, badass of the queerlesque scene SMASHLYN MONROE, irreverent and hilarious character burlesquer FANNY DENT and the fierce and fabulous ONYX FATALE.
As ever, the show is brought together by "miniature tour de force" and our favourite little mooncup, VICTORIA KEMBER.
And back by popular demand, the night will continue till 1:00am with retro tunes from JOHN THE REVELATOR.
|20:00 - 01:00||£10.00|
If it Bleeds, it Leads
Bring tampons, panty liners or any reusable sanitary product and get in for a discounted price
|20:00 - 01:00||£8.00|
VIP Booth (Admits 6)
Admits 6 for the price of 5
|20:00 - 01:00||£50.00|
Old Trades Hall,, Valette Street, E9 6NU
Hackney Central (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.