Pop Brixton is a city in the city. There is something for everyone here: food market with international street food, vintage market, retail boutiques, and event space, the "Pop Box" where DJs perform from Thursday to Sunday. Made out of upcycled shipping containers, Pop Brixton is a community-based…
Studio 54 New Year's Eve Special
- Pop Brixton
26th April 1977.
In the South Bronx, a new kind of music is being born. Brand new block parties are filling the streets with colorful sounds. A stark contrast to the bleak economic back drop. These are the early days of Hip Hop.
In Central Manhattan, Donna Summer is the Queen of the dancefloor, John Travolta gets night fever and a nightclub is about to open between 8th avenue and Broadway.
Disco & debauchery. Glamour & glitter.
In 1970's New York, you can be who ever you want to be. Those were the days, and you are about to be thrown back in to relive the magic.
Nicky Siano (Studio 54 Orginal Resident)
Nicky Siano was dancing in Manhattan clubs at 15, and by the age of 17 was resident and co-owner of the hottest club in New York: ‘The Gallery’. He mentored Frankie Knuckles and Larry Levan, launched the careers of Grace Jones & Loleatta Holloway amongst others, worked the DJ booth at Bianca Jagger’s infamous Studio 54 Birthday Party and is one the few DJ's who started the dance music scene in New York.
Gospeloke (Special Disco & Hip Hop classic)
Karaoke with a joyous, full backed choir. Ever wanted to sound like Tina & Stevie on the mic? Have you always dreamt of singing on a stage, unleashing your hidden diva with a live choir backing you up? Then this is your time to shine...
Expect to hear Donna Summer / Diana Ross / Grace Jones / Sister Sledge / The Fugees / The Jackson 5 / Earth, Wind & Fire / Chic / Grand Master Flash / Odyssey & many more.
Resident DJ Russ Ryan
Having rocked parties alongside the likes of DOOM, Slum Village, Cypress Hill, Dead Prez, Soul 2 Soul to name a few, Russ Ryan will be spinning timeless Disco, Soul, Funk and Hip Hop till the early hours.
Free before 9pm / £5 from 9pm to 10pm / £15 after
|Entry between 9pm - 10pm||21:00 - 03:00||£5.00|
|Entry after 10pm||22:00 - 03:00||£15.00|
|Entry between 9pm - 10pm||20:00 - 03:00||£10.00|
49, Pop Brixton, SW9 8PQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.