The Horse & Groom is, once again, the place for great entertainment, now established as one of the leading contemporary music destinations in the area.Whilst the regular weekend parties, with international DJs and cutting edge music, continue, the Horse and Groom has undertaken a major refurbishment…
Dj Andy Smith (Ex Portishead) Reach up 'NYE' DIsco Wonderland!'
- No reviews.
- The Horse and Groom
Dj Andy Smith's New Year’s Eve Disco Wonderland 2017 is happening and what a party it promises to be with an evening planned of the finest music, drinking, dancing, good times, celebration and the disco ! We are particularly excited this year as Andy Smith (Ex Portishead) will be returning to headline and host downstairs with his fantastic ' Reach up Disco Wonderland party' expect the finest Disco, Boogie, Re Edits and a touch of early house grooves all night long with senor Smith and friends plus a plethora of great guests over both floors .
Andy Smith will be joined by Sean Innit (Midnight Riot Records), Discovery and Future History party crews with special guest Nerm (Shiva Soundsystem)
Very limited early bird tickets which will be going on sale a bargain £10 from Design My Night (please note it is well worth purchasing these as our NYE party for the last 8 years have sold out way before the big night), drinks will be pub price drinks all night plus a 5am license to boot..
Dj Andy Smith presents Reach Up Disco Wonderland -DJ Andy Smith and guests drop 80s boogie, disco and proto house, evoking the spirit soundtrack of legendary NYC clubs such as Paradise Garage and Studio 54. Reach Up showcases the sounds that emerged as the 70s turned into the 80s forming the DNA of club music as we know it today. The Legendary DJ Andy Smith-Andy Smith was the first DJ to release a multi-genre mix album on a major label. His seminal mix-CD The Document hit the streets back in 1998 and became the soundtrack for a generation who’d heard Coldcut's Journeys By DJs but needed to hear more – The Document filled the void.It segued tracks from artists such as Tom Jones (way before Reload, top ten hit Stoned in Love and The Voice (BBC)); Peggy Lee (sample source for Beastie Boys single Ch-Check It Out); The Jungle Brothers and even The Spencer Davis Group. This was new to music lovers but for Smith a mixed bag of treasures has always been at the centre of his sets.This appreciation of different genres made Smith the ideal person to provide samples for Portishead’s first two albums. He went on to make his name as their international tour DJ – reflecting their respect for both digging and hip-hop scratch DJ-ing. Hip-hop elements formed the basis of Portishead’s unique sound.
Andy was included in the Top 20 Greatest DJ’s of all time in this Future’s Music Radar www.musicradar.com/news/dj/the-20-greatest-djs-of-all-time-399014/6
The 'Reach Up - Disco Wonderland' compilation LP/CD/DL is out on BBE records on 17.11.17
Future History residents Aaron James and Adam Wakeham join this year’s NYE lineup at The Horse & Groom to celebrate some of their favourite releases from 2017 whilst also offering an insight into what 2018 holds to offer. Over the last five years Future History have asserted their authority on the London clubbing scene, gaining regular support from Time Out, The Guardian, Don't Panic & London Calling. The nights underground aesthetic and strong principles created the perfect platform for its residents to showcase their unique blend of dance music, as well as some of the world’s top DJs. Bristol's Artifact blurred boundaries, Rory Phillips brought back the heady days of Trash, Cologne's Barnt scaled new heights, Toronto's Brennan Green celebrated the final leg of his european tour, disco royalty Gerry Rooney & Joel Martin debuted their latest project Velvet Season & The Hearts Of Gold, Alex Egan showcased his Draughtsman moniker and Bradley Zero brought the sound of Rhythm Section to Future History. In recent years Future History have hosted rooms for Rinse FM at London's long-standing Ministry of Sound and played at some of the top venues across Europe.
28 Curtain Road, Shoreditch EC2A 3NZ
Liverpool Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.