Tucked away on Tooting Broadway, Tooting Tram & Social is music venue and nightclub like no other. Hosting some of London's most exciting live music, DJ's, comedy and events, Tooting Tram & Social is a hotspot for what's hot, all within the confines of a converted warehouse.
LAUGH OUT LONDON in TOOTING - With IVO GRAHAM
- Tooting Tram and Social
Laugh Out London comedy club is back in Tooting with another superb bill headlined by Live At The Apollo star, IVO GRAHAM.
Date: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Venue: Tooting Tram & Social, 46-48 Mitcham Rd, London SW17 9NA
Nearest station: Tooting Broadway (4 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £6 advance, £8 on the door
Live At The Apollo star, apologetic Eton and Oxford alumnus and all-round Laugh Out London favourite, Ivo Graham returns. Ivo was the youngest ever winner of the prestigious So You Think You’re Funny award and has since gone on to feature on Mock The Week, Live From The BBC, Comedy Central At The Comedy Store and As Yet Untitled, as well as producing a number of critically acclaimed Edinburgh Fringe shows.
‘Beautifully written… Top Class’ ★★★★ The i
‘One of the best young comedians around’ ★★★★ Time Out
‘Cleverly-constructed comic timing’ ★★★★ Edinburgh Evening News
‘A very convincing set from this erudite comedian’ ★★★★ The Independent
★★★★★ London Is Funny
“Ivo Graham’s persona and material is more polished than ever” – ★★★★ Evening Standard
“One of the best young comedians around” – ★★★★ Time Out
John Luke Roberts has received more critical praise than you can shake a stick at in the past couple of years. He’s a gloriously absurd performer who deserves all his praise.
“A winning manifesto on the importance of absurdism” ★★★★★ – Fest Mag
“an incredible joke rate, with Roberts cramming in more original punchlines in his hour than some comedians manage in a career” ★★★★1/2 – Chortle
★★★★★ – One4review
★★★★ – The Times
★★★★ – The Telegraph
Twayna Mayne’s distinctive style paired with her deliciously honest material has taken her to the finals of numerous competitions including the prestigious New Act of the Year.
Twayna has recently appeared on Radio 4 Extra Best of the Edinburgh Fringe, BBC Scotland at the Fringe and BBC Radio 4’s Loose Ends.
She has also had her own BBC Radio 4 Series commissioned, coming in 2019.
"This is a cool, polished performance from a woman of our time. I look forward to seeing Twayna on Live at the Apollo and taking on the panel show ‘boys club’ very soon." ★★★★★ FUNNY WOMEN
"Honest and bold, Mayne looks set for big things" ★★★★ ED FEST MAG
"If her career progresses as I expect it could, then maybe she will become a role model for future generations" ★★★★ ONE 4 REVIEW
Luke McQueen is a critically acclaimed, maverick of the Edinburgh fringe whose BBC series, The Luke McQueen Pilots, was nominated for a National Television Award.
‘Nervous laughs at the unpredictability of a lunatic merge into heartier guffaws for his bold set pieces, raw potency and inspired ideas’ Chortle
‘McQueen knows the rules of comedy and he enjoys burning them’ Broadway Baby
‘A monstrously overgrown baby that has burst free of its play-pen...McQueen makes the room crackle with life’ The Guardian
“A comic you should definitely see immediately is Luke McQueen… Impeccable timing and a grandmaster of chaos” Edinburgh Evening News
“To spend an hour when it feels like genuinely anything can happen is a real treat” The List
"A true maverick" The Scotsman
MC – LAURA DAVIS
Australian star, Laura Davis, winner of the Melbourne Fringe Best Comedy award, alongside a host of others, joins us as MC. Laura’s fringe shows have been consistently excellent and she’s a fabulous MC to boot!
‘…extraordinary stand-up that squeezes your heart until you feel the blood surging through your body’ ★★★★.5 – The Age
‘Impossible not to laugh. Everyone left on a high.’ ★★★★★ – Herald Sun
‘This is when the real magic begins; Davis flexes her improv muscles and comfortably lets things loosen up before bringing things home with genuine heart. Last year, Davis earned her status as a cult favourite; this year shows why she won’t remain an underground name for much longer.’ – ★★★★ – Time Out
Comedy Channel Moosehead Award 2016
Melbourne International Comedy Festival Golden Gibbo Winner 2015
Melbourne Fringe Best Comedy 2015
Line ups subject to change
|19:30 - 22:15||£6.00|
Tooting Tram & Social, 46-48 Mitcham Road, SW17 9NA
Tooting Broadway (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.